Why become a member? ×

Belated NBD - More ACG goodness!

Bigwan

It was NBD last Tuesday. Many thanks to @ead for answering my call for a wenge necked ACG on the Facebook ACG owners group. It's an understated, but absolutely stunning bass.

Spec and Alan's original pics here: http://archive.acguitars.co.uk/portfolio/0178-recurve-4/

Pics:

IMG_20181022_111147.thumb.jpg.5a9dc91bbcec9cc83995702d010b7974.jpgIMG-20181022-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.ad13642a951d4caf48784529038ceae9.jpegIMG-20181022-WA0009.thumb.jpeg.447d76c01860bbdc2ae67c778756142c.jpegIMG-20181022-WA0011.thumb.jpeg.4f19aaeeeb8d985740b41bed05931eab.jpeg

Must get a pic with both of the ACGs together...

Edited by Bigwan
  • Like 6

54 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Yet another fine ACG...aren't they all?

They are indeed! This is the 4th I've owned and they've all been excellent. Really regret selling my last one (the "Ebay Cricket Club auction" Finn 4 P bass, ash neck, rosewood board, alder body, goncalo alves top), but hopefully @Bridgehouse will remember me if/when he sells it. The first I owned had been with @Merton and went to @walbassist after me. It was a little niche (33" scale, mahogany body, 5 string Graft Recurve) but it told me everything I needed to know about Alan's work.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Give me a shout sometime Frank and we can meet up!

That's a very kind offer Ian.

I have quite a few gigs in November and December is piling up too.  I'll PM you my number and we might do it sometime before Christmas.  At one of your gigs would be a good time and less trouble for you too.

Frank.

3 hours ago, Bigwan said:

They are indeed! This is the 4th I've owned and they've all been excellent. Really regret selling my last one (the "Ebay Cricket Club auction" Finn 4 P bass, ash neck, rosewood board, alder body, goncalo alves top), but hopefully @Bridgehouse will remember me if/when he sells it. The first I owned had been with @Merton and went to @walbassist after me. It was a little niche (33" scale, mahogany body, 5 string Graft Recurve) but it told me everything I needed to know about Alan's work.

Well, I have a lot of gear to sell and my plan is to get an ACG fiver... maybe the Finn will be surplus if I do?

• Like 2

I've definitely owned a few and had to do some rapido fundraising over the last couple of years so collection decreased.  The Harlot of FB was one of mine and was seriously thinking about re-acquiring it until I was seduced by the idea of a RetroB.

Rebuilding stock now, but not a word please folks :ph34r: They are magnificent instruments though.

4 hours ago, machinehead said:

That's a very kind offer Ian.

I have quite a few gigs in November and December is piling up too.  I'll PM you my number and we might do it sometime before Christmas.  At one of your gigs would be a good time and less trouble for you too.

Frank.

Oooo Oooo - Ballymena Bass Bash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, Gareth Hughes said:

Oooo Oooo - Ballymena Bass Bash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tempting idea, but hardly central! It's a wonder there hasn't been a Norn Iron bash floated yet (he says ducking behind the parapet before he gets himself a job!!!)

• Like 1