Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

11 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Did anyone ever find or order replacement Sandberg knobs for their bass?  I'm after 1 nickel aged jobbie which is 14 euro plus shipping from Sandberg... seems steep.  :/ 

How close to gotoh aged? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255740592855?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=zc32U3psQnu&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=g-S2GOEbSbm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

55 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Did anyone ever find or order replacement Sandberg knobs for their bass?  I'm after 1 nickel aged jobbie which is 14 euro plus shipping from Sandberg... seems steep.  :/ 

I ordered some back in April, because I wanted that look and didn't find the same anywhere else... expensive for what they are but if they must look like that...

At ordering I found that they did not deliver to the UK (bite tongue, don't mention the B word) so I had them sent to my parents in Spain. If they haven't changed their ways, that will be another problem. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

I`m glad you found some replacements as I tried to order a tuner from their online shop only to discover they don`t ship to the UK due to us not being in the EU. I had to order it through the UK importer, then I had to wait until they were getting a shipment of basses as they wouldn`t order the part on it`s own.

Madness!

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

I`m glad you found some replacements as I tried to order a tuner from their online shop only to discover they don`t ship to the UK due to us not being in the EU. I had to order it through the UK importer, then I had to wait until they were getting a shipment of basses as they wouldn`t order the part on it`s own.

Madness!

No. I'll not be ordering from Sandberg's online shop.  I'll order a full set of 3 matching aged nickel ones from Stewmac; x3 for £12 is cheaper than x1 from Sandberg.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/07/2023 at 00:13, dmccombe7 said:

Have you fitted a set of Aguilars in there.

How do they sound.

Sometimes i think the standard Sandberg pick ups are a bit sterile and have no warmth like my fenders. 

I still like them but best of both worlds would be Sandberg bass with Fender pick ups.

Dave

I changed out the Sandberg pickups on my VS California for overwound lollars and I couldn’t be happier with the change , bass sounding much more aggressive and driven 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I changed out the Sandberg pickups on my VS California for overwound lollars and I couldn’t be happier with the change , bass sounding much more aggressive and driven 

Where or how did you get them ? 

Not so much for my current Sandbergs but i have an Overwater i would like to try something else. ? 

Plus i might pick up a 2nd hand VM4 and change that out just to hear the difference.

I do love my Sandbergs and i'm not usually someone that changes things on a bass as i buy a bass that suits what i'm doing at the time but Berg build quality is top notch but the pick ups are the weak point for me. Not that they're bad just a little too clean but at the end of the day they work well in a live situation so maybe i'm just being a tad over-critical.

i'd like a warmer tone from the P pick up and a more aggressive tone from the Humbucker just to see how it sounded.

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After stupidly selling my lefty Sandberg TT4 last year, i'm pleased to be back in the Sandberg club. Just taken delivery of this lefty Sandberg VT4 hardcore aged in marley blue. First impressions are great, can't wait to try it out at my next gig on Saturday 👍

1000003135.jpg

• Like 8

On 25/07/2023 at 07:47, bottomfeed said:

Sandberg basic ...green-burst, maple neck, Aguilar pickup.. 

IMG_20220228_184414233~2.jpg

I’ve a 4 sting version in natural ash I bought last year from a German music store . I had a stingray in the past and I really wanted something that could recapture that tone. The basic does it in spades but feels more comfortable and that headstock makes the bass a lot “tidier” . The 3 band eq makes this a really versatile instrument.

Any "Central" users out there?   Be interested to know how you're getting on with them ...........  have a VM4, fancy a VT/TT Superlight, but can't find a 4 string Central to try before deciding (and then saving, and then negotiating with SWMBO and ......... )   Can't really find much comment on't internet so thought I'd ask.😁

53 minutes ago, Pirellithecat said:

Any "Central" users out there?   Be interested to know how you're getting on with them ...........  have a VM4, fancy a VT/TT Superlight, but can't find a 4 string Central to try before deciding (and then saving, and then negotiating with SWMBO and ......... )   Can't really find much comment on't internet so thought I'd ask.😁

Probably a lot like the basic , I don’t think Sandberg do different neck widths .  I reckon it would sound a bit like the VM4 you have with just the M pickup with a bit more warmth and the pick-up is more central in the body. This is just a guess tho. 

Edited by Quilly

A good few years ago Sandberg brought out their version of a telecaster bass called the “Seventy-two” it had one big MM humbucker in the neck position, they even had a tele style headstock, I remember they were exclusive to Thomann. Anyone ever come across these ?

1 hour ago, Pirellithecat said:

One here and probably few other hiding about 

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/481808-when-is-a-stingray-not-a-stingray-nbd/

Having owned one for a while I think the best features are:  Greater comfort, lighter weight (on the whole by quite a margin), an active passive switch and, it's probably heresy and I will be burned at the stake, the preamp to me seems better thought out.

I shall now await the MM police with some trepidation :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ead said:

Having owned one for a while I think the best features are:  Greater comfort, lighter weight (on the whole by quite a margin), an active passive switch and, it's probably heresy and I will be burned at the stake, the preamp to me seems better thought out.

I shall now await the MM police with some trepidation :ph34r:

While not a central I’ve a basic and I owned a stingray many moons ago. The Sandberg is a nicer playing bass…there I said it .