Why become a member? ×

Dusting instruments

MoonBassAlpha

My favourite out of the ones I've tried is the Dunlop Formula 65 - just seemed to do the best job & leave the nicest finish.

A friend of mine who went to ACM had lessons with a guitar tech as part of his course. The tech just used bog standard Pledge for cleaning guitars - he said we used it for cleaning expensive wooden furniture, what's the difference with a guitar?

That Dunlop stuff works really well for most finishes, but disagreed REALLY badly with my '74 Gibson SG, so I'd advise trying it on a really inconspicuous area on anything old or nitro finished.
I just found a small nozzle/brush attachment from a long deceased vacuum cleaner that I'll try next weekend. It may prove just the thing.

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1488289714' post='3247558']
make up brush (courtesy of my wife i might add)

Gibson guitar polish and soft polishing cloth on the painted or lacquered basses.
Briwax on my Warwick Thumb.

Dave
[/quote]
I bought a cheap set of makeup brushes recently, for adding dust to things (weathering powders for models) and my wife has asked me to get her some because they're actually quite good.