Why become a member? ×

Bass player wanted Ad....funny.

alembic1989

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1482915350' post='3203436']
Is that some new euphemism?
[/quote]

What? "Creosoting a rhinoceros"? I'd dearly love to know what it puts you in mind of. Hahahaha, no. It's a quote from Victor Meldrew in One Foot in the Grave where he expresses the desire to creosote a rhinoceros rather than do something that I forget right now.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvm2xN0yJFs[/media]

I don't know if this episode contains the quote but yooboob slung it at me anyway.

Edited by SpondonBassed

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1482872320' post='3203280']
They should have asked Santa for a new paragraph for Christmas.
[/quote]

Ha ha.

From their grammar they sound about 9 years old. Shame 'cos I can play a bit of piano and would be great for a balad (sic) after the first few albums go platinum

Erm - do the yoofs still call them "albums"?

Reads like a pack of lies. If they've got the industry connections they allege then they'd have management, because no one else in the industry would deal with pre-pubescent spiel like that, and then they wouldn't be advertising for band members on Facebook. The influences they have suggest they're highly unlikely to get a deal - Steel Panther only managed it by being a parody, and there's little point interest in a more "sincere" glam metal revival. As for a "street team" (FFS) of 87,000, I doubt even someone of the stature of Metallica could manage that many people pledging to do free promotion for them.

Edited by chriswareham

[quote name='alembic1989' timestamp='1482858699' post='3203100']
: SEEKING SEX-SYMBOL TYPE BASSIST!!
[/quote]

[b] [size=4]oxymoron[/size][/b]
[ok-si-mawr-on, -mohr-] pl.oxymorons. Rhetoric.

1.a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”.

Did some poking around on TB and found this thread -

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/the-funniest-musician-wanted-ad-youve-ever-read.6614/

I see their website is no more...

On page 2 ZanderStarr replies to defend his Band!

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1482949164' post='3203719']
Did some poking around on TB and found this thread -

[url="https://www.talkbass.com/threads/the-funniest-musician-wanted-ad-youve-ever-read.6614/"]https://www.talkbass...ever-read.6614/[/url]

I see their website is no more...

On page 2 ZanderStarr replies to defend his Band!
[/quote]
I only read page 2, but amongst all the rhetoric he does make some valid points.

[url="http://www.angelfire.com/ny3/blindrage/zanderbio.html"]From his angelfire page[/url]: Mr Zander Starr - the guy who placed the ad all those years ago

[size=3][b]Mr Zander Starr[/b]: Internet legend of yesteryear - specifically the year 2000 AD[/size]

Propelled by universal mockery of the advertisement he posted all of [i]seventeen years ago[/i] Zander Starr went on to enjoy a certain degree of fame / notoriety on US musical forums such as [url="https://www.talkbass.com/threads/our-good-friend-zanderrstar.76026/"]talkbass[/url]. Then all went silent until 2003 when he placed an ad in Yahoo groups:

[quote]guitarist......age 22,(playing/writting/recording since the age of 6 and producing/engineering... since age of 14, into bands like good charlotte, some linkin park, old korn, , janes addiction, crazytown, orgy, sh*t like that...lookin for some Long Island players. I have my own studio in computer, know how to engineer it very well, 32-bit digital recording-unblimited track usage. great recording technique and know alot of studio tricks. im equipt with professional large diaphram condenser mics. Im' also a web designer(like for a band page), and graphic designer, ...have written and recorded several albums, and was signed to capitol, no longer signed for its a long story i can get into later, but....looking for a bassist, singer and drummer(prefferably that plays with some triggers mixed in there). For recording...project over the summer, record album first , then play some shows.[/quote]

Frankly, I think the young Mr Starr deserved a medal for his undimmed enthusiasm and plucky, never-say-die attitude. He'd be 36 now: I wonder what happened to him? :)

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1482915785' post='3203438']
What? "Creosoting a rhinoceros"? I'd dearly love to know what it puts you in mind of.
[/quote]

Well, there's spanking the monkey and bashing the bishop, so I thought creosoting the rhinoceros might be another one of that ilk. Of course, there's always the chance it will become one, and in the future we'll hear sentences like "That Zander Starr, what a rhinoceros creosoter he was".

Edited by tauzero

[quote name='alembic1989' timestamp='1482858699' post='3203100']
we'll let you know what were talking about...but just to aviod legal stuff for now...trust me its quite interesting!!
[/quote]

I wonder what they did that's so bad?

Maybe they are under investigation from the Federalés for blue-blooded murder of our Queens Imperial English language.

Two lines is all I could manage. And I found that I had forgotten the first line at that stage. Did he mention that the bassist had to be a Liverpool supporter? That requirement may be in there, so check it out before applying...

Age restriction limits my further interest in this advert. Good luck to them....