Why become a member? ×

......and I buried the headstock in the garden

Another [size=2]sanding machine massacre, but this time with the timeless quote " Anything remotely like this from Fender would be a couple of grand and its rarity will ensure it keeps its value.'' ....Yup, the value will remain low.......... :unsure:[size=2] [/size][/size]

[size=2][url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Left-handed-Fender-Squier-Telecaster-1968-bass-P-J-bass-vintage-precision-relic-/272372181208?hash=item3f6aa5a8d8:g:a4sAAOSwFV9X1Rt6"]http://www.ebay.co.u...4sAAOSwFV9X1Rt6[/url][/size]

Edited by loweringthetone

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1473935696' post='3134267']
It just looks disgusting. I really don't get it - can someone who likes this please help me understand the appeal of filth and squalor?
[/quote]

Well there's a pub I visit regularly.......but with respect to instruments I totally agree. A bass should be a thing of beauty.

Thanks to everyone for the high entertainment value in this thread.......really cheered me up on a dismal Sunday evening. Clearly Im not alone in misunderstanding the attraction of relicization.

Edited by loweringthetone

To be fair, as 'reliced' basses I've seen go, it looks, err.... comparatively 'genuine' (?) ...except because of the format it can't be, but anyone who knew that wouldn't be fooled, so who exactly would you be trying to impress? Even if it was for your own personal satisfaction, it just seems strange to me that you'd be committing copyright fraud to do it. Why not stick 'Fake' on the headstock and be done with it? In fact, in as much it's a reliced fake, it's a fake twice over. And who even knows if it plays well or sounds any good? But perhaps that's not an important consideration here. This bass has no value to retain, as far as I can see.