Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Latest setup.

I briefly was using a nano+ with a few extra pedals however I've decided to go go back to basics. This is a cheapo case off amazon (think it's a case for a Canon printer) and the board is a bit of flooring painted black. 

The reason I've went this route is simply so it fits into the front pocket of my bass case!

20230609_120722.jpg

20230609_120704.jpg

20230609_120652.jpg

EDIT: the Stomp looks like its not straight in the photo. It is.  Plus. the power adapter fits in the case too. Should've shown that.

Edited by Elfrasho
  • Like 13

On 24/05/2023 at 14:14, Rich said:

I think that's it for the time being...

PSX_20230524_141048.jpg.cf3040243f96159ac00147d0f0d7a365.jpg

Yeah, well, predictably it wasn't :lol: . I got bored with the wood, so paint happened:

board 2.jpg

Lots of masking tape, scalpel blades and swearing.

Edited by Rich
  • Like 9

On 03/06/2023 at 09:54, MrDinsdale said:

I see so many exciting and exotic looking boards on here. I sometimes feel my board is pretty boring being almost entirely preamps and drives.

In my head I want to play with lots of interesting modulation, synth and delays. In reality I know I'll just stick to the same old gritty tone, certainly in the band.

Does anyone have a main board for gigging along with a more creative/experimentation oriented board etc. 

In short yes. Most of the weddings I do these days are with one band and its mostly soul/R&B?pop stuff, so not much need for phasers and delays and fuzzes. All its got is my Noble DI, an Octabvre, a drive of some sort and C4 for the two synths sounds on the set.

The board I use for my originals band (jazz-ish) has all the weird stuff on it: fuzz, delay, chorus, filter. I occasionally take it out on cover gigs if the set is more wide-ranging.

• Like 2

Recent rebuild and some new additions.

Flow goes:

Tuner>Octave>Hamstead>Chorus>Helix (With Pedalnetics footswitches)>Dispatch Master>EP Booster

Keeping my sub/synth all grouped together on the left. Helix is the brain, but I use it heavily between sessions. It's been a revelation especially with presets, snapshots and per bass settings.

C808F6AC-089C-40BF-BADF-17678A8FD3BF.thumb.JPG.3e1f73d38e6a55b0cb4d27da7c7409da.JPG

All powered by GigRig. Whilst I've never had any issues, I don't know if I would go with them again. The Helix needs to be the only system on the distributor, otherwise you get a terrible buzzing sound. So I had to buy 2 isolators to stop that. So by the time I bought all of that, I could've afforded a Cioks. I do love customising the size of the power cables though.

D488D75F-E26C-4CD5-BA02-88053912980D.thumb.JPG.18186047019420359e0d3f2b5138801f.JPG

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Been pretty syready with my set up lately but not wholly jiving with the wah so managed to pick up a 105q from bassybill on here. Really happy with it based on home use....roll on Tuesday to see how it fits in the mix ✌️

_20230617_161929.thumb.JPG.f033973f9e888d712c33d41365a53f47.JPG

Always curious when I see a board like this. What kind of music do you play with this? 

16 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Always curious when I see a board like this. What kind of music do you play with this? 

Probably not what you'd expect tbh... I'm in a doom band but we use quite a lot of dynamics so my board has become pretty hefty for some of what we do but the h9 also gives me a bit of scope to mess with phasers, dual delays, subs, was etc that does a nice job. 

Band is here in case you're interested ✌️ https://open.spotify.com/album/3Nh8taOCUVkvj9YY2syNkd?si=uJgUc6JhTuSsp7yfEvXUPw&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3Nh8taOCUVkvj9YY2syNkd

14 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Probably not what you'd expect tbh... I'm in a doom band but we use quite a lot of dynamics so my board has become pretty hefty for some of what we do but the h9 also gives me a bit of scope to mess with phasers, dual delays, subs, was etc that does a nice job. 

Band is here in case you're interested ✌️ https://open.spotify.com/album/3Nh8taOCUVkvj9YY2syNkd?si=uJgUc6JhTuSsp7yfEvXUPw&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3Nh8taOCUVkvj9YY2syNkd

Exactly what I expected with the Wizard fuzz in there! I'll have to get a listen later - mobile phone speaker would do it no justice! 

• Like 1

On 17/06/2023 at 16:20, Salt on your Bass? said:

Been pretty syready with my set up lately but not wholly jiving with the wah so managed to pick up a 105q from bassybill on here. Really happy with it based on home use....roll on Tuesday to see how it fits in the mix ✌️

_20230617_161929.thumb.JPG.f033973f9e888d712c33d41365a53f47.JPG

Stop making me want an atom 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 0175westwood29 said:

Stop making me want an atom 

...they're bloody good....easy midi...parralel blending, stompbox modes..two amps...tuner...massively intuitive. Really ace kit. Defo worth a look with your board, or it's big brother and the team are really supportive ✌️

40 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

...they're bloody good....easy midi...parralel blending, stompbox modes..two amps...tuner...massively intuitive. Really ace kit. Defo worth a look with your board, or it's big brother and the team are really supportive ✌️

I've got an Atom on order from Andertons since April but it's been delayed til the end of this month. Hopefully it arrives on time as my band has a pretty big gig in July 🤞

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, bassist_lewis said:

I've got an Atom on order from Andertons since April but it's been delayed til the end of this month. Hopefully it arrives on time as my band has a pretty big gig in July 🤞

Looks like gigrig are despatching 10th July. Hopefully Anderson's have some on order being fulfilled before then...