Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1399741057' post='2447238']
Had a bit of a switch around today, after a bit of playing, I am gonna dump the Dark Driving I think. I get more use out of the B3K and will be playing more with the Beta as well.
[/quote]

Wow! Awesome pedalboard! I just looked up the 'Deer Lord' on the Cog site, so so good :D

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1399999816' post='2449782']
Hi Nick,
It's a single bypass looper.
When off, the signal goes straight from bass to amp. When engaged, it routes the signal through the tuner>fuzz>LPF and back again. I like a combination of fuzz and filter, so I just leave them both on, and pressing on 'The Noose' brings them both into play instantly.
[/quote]

Cool - nice board btw. It reminds me I need to start investigating wah pedals (even though I assume that one on your board is a volume pedal)

[quote name='intime-nick' timestamp='1400001263' post='2449799']

Cool - nice board btw. It reminds me I need to start investigating wah pedals (even though I assume that one on your board is a volume pedal)
[/quote]
Cheers. it's an expression pedal. Basically it controls the cutoff frequency on the LPF. With just the LPF on, it does sound quite wah-like, but with gated fuzz before the LPF, it gets some really synthy wobble type stuff.

This'll be it for a while once I get the Ghost Echo situated, I think phase 1 of my board rebuild is completed, phase 2 begins with an expression pedal and one of those mission multi-expression-ma-bobs. Need to decide whether I can fit them on here (plus a few more pedals) or to bite the bullet and upsize:

"Fun" "Fact": The Ghost Echo takes me to an even 50 knobs, at an average of 3.57 per pedal.

Edited by bobbass4k

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1399983566' post='2449553']
nice :)

just found a post office missed delivery slip in my mailbox at home - my neunaber WET has been sat at the post office waiting for me for almost 2 weeks! dead excited to pick it up tomorrow night!!!
[/quote]

Cheers! :) Very keen to hear your thoughts on the Neunaber, I hope you love it as much as I do mine! ;) Please, first time you plug it in, hit a high chord with the Mix at 3 o'clock and the Depth control on full...beeeautiful!!!

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1399999816' post='2449782']
Hi Nick,
It's a single bypass looper.
When off, the signal goes straight from bass to amp. When engaged, it routes the signal through the tuner>fuzz>LPF and back again. I like a combination of fuzz and filter, so I just leave them both on, and pressing on 'The Noose' brings them both into play instantly.
[/quote]

Ah, now I see why you wanted the input and output on one side and went custom! That's a great idea for most boards to get yourself out of trouble if a cable or pedal dies mid gig.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1400093843' post='2450731']

Ah, now I see why you wanted the input and output on one side and went custom! That's a great idea for most boards to get yourself out of trouble if a cable or pedal dies mid gig.
[/quote]

Thanks for the link to Vein Tap - the chap was really great :-)

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1400059285' post='2450226']
Cheers! :) Very keen to hear your thoughts on the Neunaber, I hope you love it as much as I do mine! ;) Please, first time you plug it in, hit a high chord with the Mix at 3 o'clock and the Depth control on full...beeeautiful!!!
[/quote]

I actually picked it up yesterday, before I saw your comment, but funnily enough mix at 3 and depth at full was what i did :) immense sounds!!

I was thinking i'd pair it with my delay, but i don't know, for the minute I've lost all interest in the delay now I have this!! having lots of fun with it...

Edited by GazWills

Not the most exotic of boards but here it is.

This is how I have it: bass into ls2. Ls2 loop A into Frederic fuzz. Ls2 loop B into digitech bass synth wah. Ls2 output into behringer us600 into zoom ms60b then into fx loop of amp.

I'm convinced the behringer is adding noise so that may have to be upgraded to the boss original, but no-one else has mentioned any noticeable noise so maybe I'm just being overly sensitive. The bass synth wah gets used for octave and for some long synth swells. The ms60b gets used for amp SIM, compressor, noise gate and a tremelo.

All mounted on an oven tray with some Velcro.

Digital pedals often introduce signal noise when on a shared daisy chain, quite often Zoom pedals. Start with just the LS-2 and fuzz, set to bypass, then add the other pedals one at a time to see which is the culprit!

I just got my Grand Tarkin today. My old board was getting too tight for space so I just got a Diago Showman too. Everything's in there now and I'm dead happy with it. Especially my COGs. Damn, I love these COG pedals. Dirt heaven.

Signal path is:
Zoom B3 (with exp pedal)
TC Polytune
Catalinbread boost
Bright Onions dual looper, with blends
Loop 1 - SFX Micro Red Dragon
Loop 2 - Fuzzrocious OhSeeDemon + 2nd gain mod
Knightfall 66
Grand Tarkin
BBE Opto Stomp compressor.

Edited by ratman

[quote name='topheteatwo' timestamp='1400858839' post='2457672']
TFR is just mind blowing.
[/quote]

That it is! Just out of interest, have you tried the RAT and TFR other way around, i.e. TFR going into RAT? I've found it sounds great this way, TFR subs and power, but with that aggressive RAT top! :)

First post in this thread! Here's my humble offering - still a work-in-progress :)

[attachment=163437:Pedalboard 002.jpg]

Board A (on right) is my 'Utility/Drive' board - Signal chain is Bass > TU-2 > (split/bypass) SansAmp Para-Driver > Rack Crossover Ch A, bypass on SansAmp goes to the Bad Monkey OD then on to Rack Crossover Ch B. Rack Crossover low pass > PA amp > 2x 112 stack

Board B (on left) is my 'FX' board - signal chain is Crossover high pass > Palmer D'accapo reamper > Bass Big Muff Pi > CEB-3 Chorus > 110 Combo amp. Big Muff is set to 'Dry' so it passes some clean signal through. Have got room for a couple more pedals, thinking of the JOYO Vintage Drive to go in between the Palmer and the Big Muff to add some drive to the clean blend signal there.

Cheers
Ian

Edited by Bottle

Used this over the weekend for a festival show:

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/apbs6d.jpg[/IMG]

Fromel modded Boss CE-2B -> Blakemore Deus Ex Machina -> DOD FX-10 Bi-Fet Pre -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss TU-2

Si