Why become a member? ×

This is sooooo wrong, it's great. Beat it, in major key.

leschirons

I have some friends, in a cover band, who play songs which sound like this. I depped with them once and quickly realised that the chords they were playing, in many of the songs in their set, were just plain wrong. I told them but they weren't particularly bothered. Their excuse was that they had played them that way for so long that there was no point in changing them.

So if you ever get the chance to see a band called 'Bongo Bob '............you'd probably be better off going and doing something else instead.

I auditioned for a band whose guitarist couldn't hear majors and minors. I had learned the bass parts to the letter. When I diplomatically raised the issue the general vibe at audition was that I should follow his lead - if he was playing a major third, so should I. Did 'Take It Easy' in G with A and E major chords and bass! Band seemed unflustered by this, despite it sounding awful. I made my apologies and left.

Edited by Beedster

As someone relatively new to a lot of this, I have noticed when I've heard pub bands that the concept that the singer and the band should be in tune with each other seems ot have missed some of them completely...

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1463343554' post='3050671']
It's very useful educationally. Shows students how key choice makes a massive impact on a composition.
[/quote]

Of course. But you forgot the smiley at the end. You [i]are[/i] joking, aren't you?? :-)

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1463224565' post='3049690']
Sorry if this has been on before but I couldn't resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHsjFdsd5lA

MJ's Beat it in a major key. I couldn't stop singing "Dance the night away" in the solo. :lol:
[/quote]

That's quite good. Enjoyed it.