Why become a member? ×

Trouble loading Basschat today - is it just me?

KiOgon

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1451595281' post='2941804']
Would whatever these attacks are possibly be responsible for my home internet keep dropping out, restarting or whatever you call it?
The front of my BT hub keeps going red for thirty seconds or so before returning to the normal blue.
[/quote]

Nope. :)

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1451613169' post='2941882']

Nope. :)
[/quote]

Oh well, my internet is just crap then.
No broadband here and what I have got is so slow that I may as well get the web pages delivered by post :D

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1451641759' post='2941936']
Yes, welcome to the South West's super information Highway. There's glaciers retreating quicker than my BB
[/quote]

Well, there are a lot of technical reasons why you guys are getting poor bb down in the South West but it's mostly to do with being too close to the edge of the world. :D

I'm in South Devon......we lost Broadband totally on Christmas Eve for about four hours - called BT helpline & the nice gentlemen explained in a perfect Indian/English voice that 'they' had major problems down here...seems to be ok now, but I'm leaving the business card acceptor on 'dial-up' for the time being....bb has been odd for a few weeks now (slow, not connecting, not there..).
So it's not just Cornwall.......

:)

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1451595281' post='2941804']
Would whatever these attacks are possibly be responsible for my home internet keep dropping out, restarting or whatever you call it?
The front of my BT hub keeps going red for thirty seconds or so before returning to the normal blue.
[/quote]

I spoke to BT about my connection dropping out (I'm in the Midlands) & they claimed it did this in order to search for the best & fastest available connection.

As my router is connected to my phone line & that is the only connection available to it I'm pretty sure that's complete BS.

We've had no phone line for about a month. BT have been useless. Luckily internet is fibre so it's ok although slower than normal. EVENTUALLY when it's fixed I'll be claiming some money back as I work from home.

Funny thing is they keep asking if they can ring. Errm. No phone. No mobile reception at home. I can't see this getting sorted any time soon.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1451645791' post='2941983']
Well, there are a lot of technical reasons why you guys are getting poor bb down in the South West but it's mostly to do with being too close to the edge of the world. :D
[/quote]

What do you expect? They've only had electricity since 2014. They still buy Tremeloes records.

[quote name='thebrig' timestamp='1451649286' post='2942029']
I joined BT in September, biggest mistake I've made in a long time, the speed and the service is total rubbish! :(
[/quote]

I joined TALKTALK in September, biggest mistake I've made. Virgin got daft expensive, hence changing.

TALKTALK is like going back 20 years to dial up via fax line :(
They have been written to twice, second time telling them to get their sh*te out of my house. Still awaiting reply :angry:

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1451652251' post='2942078']

What do you expect? They've only had electricity since 2014. They still buy Tremeloes records.
[/quote]

What's this electricity you speak of sorcerer?

Edited by Maude

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1451652317' post='2942079']
I joined TALKTALK in September, biggest mistake I've made. Virgin got daft expensive, hence changing.

TALKTALK is like going back 20 years to dial up via fax line :(
They have been written to twice, second time telling them to get their sh*te out of my house. Still awaiting reply :angry:
[/quote]

TALK TALK are a rebrand of Tiscali UK.
The Tiscali group spread themselves both very wide and very thin and, as a result of that, it was extremely difficult and expensive for them to upgrade and maintain their infrastructure.

TALK TALK may have introduced new services but there are some big clues out there that show they're still using old Tiscali infrastructure.

Ha ha, that's Cornwalls hottest male model, Adge Scuttler.
He's hibernating at the moment but as soon as the weather warms up he'll be back doing photo shoots for top local publications like Cornish Vague and 'ell magazine.