Why become a member? ×

Jazz basses with smaller bodies

mingsta

Fender Japan make both short scale (JB62SS) and medium scale (JB62M) jazz basses that have scaled down bodies. Also a medium scale non-export Aerodyne Jazz bass with either P/J or, a bit rarer still, J/J pickups - both have smaller bodies. I have the medium scale JJ Aerodyne Jazz and it is very nice indeed. None are common over here but can be imported from Japan 'reasonably' cheaply.

[quote name='mingsta' timestamp='1450450089' post='2932966']
Thanks guys, does anyone know if the Mike Lull TC4 basses are slightly undersized like the mv4 model, couldn't see any details on the website. Again, not a cheap option!
[/quote]

Great choice of bass, you're best off emailing Paul at Mike Lull, he'll answer that for you.

You could look around for an old Guild Pilot.
They had small, "Jazz Bass-inspired" bodies, p/j pickups and very comfortable necks.
If you don't mind the slightly eighties aesthetics of them, they are extremely well made, underrated basses.

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1450450239' post='2932970']
Lakland Daryl Jones.
[/quote]
+1 The reason I bought myself a DJ4: smaller body and the really comfy neck.

Warmoth has the dinky j body that is compatible with its necks, the difference in size isn't very large though. There is a graphic on their site showing the difference.

Sadowsky J's are smaller, the Will Lee appears really slender. Avoid the UV range, ultra vintage in appearance and size.

Dunno about the relative size of the Hamer Cruise basses. Anyone?

Edited by Treb