Why become a member? ×

Mark King Fans. They're a sensitive bunch.

bubinga5

Im a huge fan of Mark King and L42. But I've recently posted on a couple of YT videos. I mentioned that i would like to see Mark do some session stuff, or break out from his usual music. My word did i get some hostile responses. Ive been called a bedroom bassist, to a keyboard warrior twat, "don't know what I'm doing on a bass" ? and I'm slagging off world class musicians from my bedroom.? i personally would love to hear Mark do something different, play on other peoples records. he's got so much talent on the bass, why not do something more contemporary.? only my op.

It reminds me of people who will possibly kill you if you slag off Music Man basses.

They seem to hold that Mark King sound very close to there heart. i don't blame them to a point because its some fantastic music, but its fanatical. Ive never seen this with another bass player and there sound. maybe its a very special sound from there teen years.?

by the way my bestest. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twWu-66suvU[/media]

Edited by Rich
Sorry, I just had to edit the title. Call me OCD if you want. :-)

I've tried to like Level 42, I've listened to recommended tracks, I've watched people break his stuff down in youtube videos, I've even learnt to play a couple of his easier lines.

But whilst I can clearly see & hear his genius I still don't really like his music that much, not the stuff I've heard anyway.

It's almost certainly my loss.

Edited by Cato

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1450307835' post='2931655']
I don't understand why his fans would be upset that you're suggesting he does sessions, or something different ?
[/quote]im as confused . just a snippet of comments if you look under the vid. . [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvq85yKCydg[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1450309604' post='2931676']
You know how statisticians say that if you gave an infinite number of monkeys typewriters you'd eventually end up with the complete works of Shakespeare?

YouTube comments are definitive proof that it's not true. Never read below the line. Never!
[/quote]oh come on don't tell you haven't looked .! ;)

It's not just Mark King fans or even just BCers, it's just people in general... The vast majority are way too sensitive about everyone agreeing with them... almost like they need others to confirm their views to verify them somehow.

Listen to what you want, like whoever you like and play whatever gear you think sounds best... sod everyone else.

Edited by CamdenRob