Why become a member? ×

NBD: Maruszczyk Jake PJ (humbucker)

wateroftyne

that's one gorgeous looking bass! I keep looking at these and I'm very tempted (but completely broke!) I'm waiting for Ian (Dodge) to take delivery of his 5 string Jake (a 5 string version of your sunburst Jake I believe) if that's as good as i'm imagining then I think I might have to find some money to order my own.

it must be time for another bash soon so we can see these in the flesh!

Matt

Cheers, all!

I'm doing gigs with different bands at the mo, and there's a bit of a flats / rounds clash going on. This sorts it...

It's a stock model, not a custom, but I liked the look of it, the weight is fab (7.5lbs-ish!) and the price was amazing, so... I thought I'd go for it.

The neck is their standard width - 40mm - which is actually narrower than I'm used to, but I'll get over that pretty quick.

Initial thoughts - the action was insanely low, so I've given the truss a tweak and it's spot-on for my ham fists now.

It's passive with standard Maruszczyk pickups which I have no previous experience of (the Haussels in my 'burst are to die for) and at this early stage it feels like it's going to be more of a rock monster than my 'burst. Loads of growl.

The 'bucket can be set to buck or single-coil mode by pulling the tone knob. There's a significant difference when you do, but so far I've not noticed any hum. Which was a nice surprise.

Like my last one, it came with a nice gig bag, and a high-quality strap - Adrian was kind enough to let m choose an antique brown one this time.

So far, so very good :-)

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1448896143' post='2918938']
Is the new bass chambered like the sunburst? If not, much weight difference?

Cheers
Si
[/quote]

It's insanely light - only slightly heavier than my 'burst - so I guess it has to be chambered. Still no neck-dive, despite it not having Ultralites...

Congrats! that is stunning, I just love that. One of my favourite colour combinations and the maple board looks so nice.

I'll be looking for something new soon, P/J would be nice and Maruszczyk are getting near the top of the list.
The more I see of their gear the more I want one!

[quote name='Subbeh' timestamp='1448900765' post='2919006']
Congrats! that is stunning, I just love that. One of my favourite colour combinations and the maple board looks so nice.

I'll be looking for something new soon, P/J would be nice and Maruszczyk are getting near the top of the list.
The more I see of their gear the more I want one!
[/quote]

Cheers!

All for £700 including shipping. When I look around and see what else is on offer for that sort of money, it blows my mind.

I've been GASing for a new P for a while, been through a few incarnations of what I want as well! Lately I've settled on a Lull P4, but the more and more I see about the Jake's on here the more I can't help but think perhaps I should go for one of those instead! The price is just obscenely low, and the quality sounds like it's right up there with the finest!

WOT you really know how to make a bloke envious! Those two Jakes are absolutely beautiful! I might have to fire Adrian an email asking if he can match the shade of red I want, and find out what hardware, pick up, and neck options there are...