Why become a member? ×

Deep impact "reissue" - Not sure if this has had its own thread on here yet

Jimryan

Just listened to those soundclips, and the FI definitely sounds more useful to me now than on the YT video.

just one q, can it work as a pitch to midi converter? i mean, if i plug a bass in, and then send midi out from the FI to a [s]gameboy[/s]synth, could i trigger notes on the [s]gameboy[/s]synth by playing them on bass, or does the FI just accept midi note data in?

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1449253650' post='2922031']
just one q, can it work as a pitch to midi converter? i mean, if i plug a bass in, and then send midi out from the FI to a [s]gameboy[/s]synth, could i trigger notes on the [s]gameboy[/s]synth by playing them on bass, or does the FI just accept midi note data in?
[/quote]

The TB thread says no. It doesn't do bass-to-MIDI. It does have a pretty complete MIDI-to-bass implementation though (so you can plug it into a keyboard to act as the sound module)

[quote name='ProfFrink' timestamp='1449493363' post='2923952']
The content of the page is accessible, [b]albeit half-obscured by a login prompt,[/b] even without an account. I'm pretty sure you won't need an account in order to by it B)
[/quote]

Fixed. ;)

Guys, do I understand this right? With the midi input of the pedal, could I potentially run a set of midi Taurus-like pedals into the Future Impact and use it as a sound module?

If so, could this be on my pedal board, plugged in as usual with my bass, but with the midi pedals in also, and switch back and forth between the two? If so, I am very happy...

[quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1449938230' post='2928199']
Guys, do I understand this right? With the midi input of the pedal, could I potentially run a set of midi Taurus-like pedals into the Future Impact and use it as a sound module?

If so, could this be on my pedal board, plugged in as usual with my bass, but with the midi pedals in also, and switch back and forth between the two? If so, I am very happy...
[/quote]

I think this should all be doable, but I'm not sure about combining the two methods. The manual should be out any day now.

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1449971803' post='2928526']
Me too, but not at nearly €400.
[/quote]

You'd better hope it's a roaring success, then a certain proportion will appear on the s/h market for about 2/3 of that. Conversely, if the pedal goes out of production quickly, it will achieve legendary status and fetch wallet-worrying prices on eBay!

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1450028038' post='2928906']
Pedal is now ready to order, tempting! :gas:
€426, so around £308 delivered, expensive but still a good price compared to how much Deep Impact have been selling for!
[/quote]

and that is has a bit more to it than the Deep Impact.

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1450028038' post='2928906']
Pedal is now ready to order, tempting! :gas:
€426, so around £308 delivered, expensive but still a good price compared to how much Deep Impact have been selling for!
[/quote]

Yes, but the kind of people paying £700 for a Deep Impact will not be considering buying this. The Bass Whammy reissue was price much better, has sold well and killed off the market for the vintage ones as it sounds and works better all round. Digitech, though, are somewhat larger and the costs of getting this off the ground may well have been high.

I'm still so torn on this. It needs to be a big improvement on the Deep Impact to justify the price tag.

ok, i thought since this is a uk forum i suggest something for you:

i will play a show in london in march with an orchestra. if there is serious interest (and somebody willing to organise a room) i could take the pedal with me and anybody that is in london and interested could test it then. what do you think? this way you know what you buy!