Why become a member? ×

D'addario Strings

Thunderbird

[size=4]I think Diadarrio are a great company I was lucky enough to be given a set of there strings to try out (by Don what a great bloke) and I really liked the strings which was good as I had not really been a Daddario customer before but when I changed my bass they just did not sound right nothing wrong with the strings they just did not work well with that bass IMO so I used my old brand again and I felt a bit bad for not buying the Daddarios anymore any way fast forward a bit and I am happy to say I am a loyal Daddario customer again I bought a set of there [color=#000000][font=verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica]EXL160 strings and really liked them so ordered a few more sets from Thomann so just really a bit of a thanks thread and just goes to show that if a company takes that extra step people will be loyal to them and be happy :)[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='D'AddarioUK' timestamp='1446723404' post='2901717']
Thanks for the support Thunderbird, if there's anything we can do to improve your experience please let us know.

We've got some interesting things in the pipeline for bass players coming up in 2016.
[/quote] No thank you for going above and beyond the call of customer service :)

I've used D'Addario strings for the past ten years or so and have had no issues. My only complaint is that they changed the packaging colours recently and as I always went by the colouring rather than the product name/number I had to struggle to work out which ones I needed. Maybe if I changed the strings more often I'd remember :rolleyes:

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1446721250' post='2901682']
I think Diadarrio are a great company I was lucky enough to be given a set of there strings to try out (by Don what a great bloke) and I really liked the strings which was good as I had not really been a Daddario customer before but when I changed my bass they just did not sound right nothing wrong with the strings they just did not work well with that bass IMO so I used my old brand again and I felt a bit bad for not buying the Daddarios anymore any way fast forward a bit and I am happy to say I am a loyal Daddario customer again I bought a set of there [color=#000000][font=verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica]EXL160 strings and really liked them so ordered a few more sets from Thomann so just really a bit of a thanks thread and just goes to show that if a company takes that extra step people will be loyal to them and be happy :)[/font][/color]
[/quote]

I've been using D'Addario for nearly 10 years and i'm very happy with them. Usually change them every 3-4 months depending on use. I've just put my first set of Flexsteels on the TRB for a recording last night and the bass sound is simply heaven. Everybody, from the sound guy to the drummer, complimented my tone.

My only problem with D'Addario is that they never gave me a free set of strings, even if i don't misspell their name... :P

:D ;)

I wouldn't use anything else except D'addario. Always EXL 165 Nickels.

I've used them for some years now, they've always been superb. I've sampled lots of other strings, but nothing, nothing at all beats these for me.

I bought a double set a few years back, and there was a t-shirt included. Also been worn loads, and it's still in regular wardrobe circulation. I really hope they do another one again one day before mine wears out! :D

I`ve just fitted a set of Pro Steel EPS160s to my Precision.First impressions are good. Seem a bit higher tension than my regular Rotosound rounds but a small adjustment on the truss rod has sorted that. The main difference is that instead of 45, 65, 80, 105 the strings are now 50, 70, 85, 105 and they seem to be more "together" tonally if that makes sense? Previously the D & G seemed overly twangy against the E & A.

Went with them as many have said they are bright sounding, which is what I need for my band. My regular sound is dead Roto rounds but as said, the band needs some top end. Plus although Rotos start out twangy, they die really quickly and again many have said that Pro Steels are long lasting. Of course it`s in the mix that counts but at the moment, I like.

Plus, Low End Bee recommends them on the other thread, and having heard his Precision strung with them, well that was recommendation enough.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1446746762' post='2902037']
Regular D'addario user here. If they do an equivalent to elixirs which keep their zing longer then let me know as I'd use them on all my basses.
[/quote]

Our coated strings are called EXP, they last at least 4 times longer than our un-coated strings.

To find the right set of EXP take the Item # of your regular un-coated set e.g. EXL170 and change out the L for a P i.e. EXP170.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1446800065' post='2902383']
I like the strings, but at a guitar show in Birmingham they were charging more than I can get them for on your well known strings suppliers websites. In fact this year I don't think they had ANY bass strings.
[/quote]

Hi Machines,

We will often attend shows with the intention of showcasing a particular concept or set of products, this means that we rarely bring a wide range of stock and tend to focus on a handful of products. As for pricing we're primarily a distributor, we can't price things too keenly at shows, retailers will usually offer the best value to consumers.

Thanks,

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1446748720' post='2902064']
I`ve just fitted a set of Pro Steel EPS160s to my Precision.First impressions are good. Seem a bit higher tension than my regular Rotosound rounds but a small adjustment on the truss rod has sorted that. The main difference is that instead of 45, 65, 80, 105 the strings are now 50, 70, 85, 105 and they seem to be more "together" tonally if that makes sense? Previously the D & G seemed overly twangy against the E & A.

Went with them as many have said they are bright sounding, which is what I need for my band. My regular sound is dead Roto rounds but as said, the band needs some top end. Plus although Rotos start out twangy, they die really quickly and again many have said that Pro Steels are long lasting. Of course it`s in the mix that counts but at the moment, I like.

Plus, Low End Bee recommends them on the other thread, and having heard his Precision strung with them, well that was recommendation enough.
[/quote]

Loz I had a set of Pro Steels on my main gigging bass for best part of a year. I only changed them then because I felt I ought to :lol:

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1446801010' post='2902392']
Loz I had a set of Pro Steels on my main gigging bass for best part of a year. I only changed them then because[b][i] I felt I ought to[/i][/b] :lol:
[/quote]

That's very flamboyant :).

For the sound I like I find they stay sounding good for some considerable time...probably why I don't buy other brands :)

[quote name='D'AddarioUK' timestamp='1446800752' post='2902389']
Hi Machines,

We will often attend shows with the intention of showcasing a particular concept or set of products, this means that we rarely bring a wide range of stock and tend to focus on a handful of products. As for pricing we're primarily a distributor, we can't price things too keenly at shows, retailers will usually offer the best value to consumers.

Thanks,
[/quote]

I think this is short sighted - offering strings at cost of course won't get you very far in the short term, but could result in more long term customers who have not tried your products before. Me ? I'm just after a discount ;)