Why become a member? ×

Who did you see live last?

ubit

SUNN0))) at the Barbican last week.

Completely Phenomenal show. The cohesion between the sound and lighting was remarkable.

I last saw them 21 years ago at the Underworld in Camden and that ended up being a (musically) life changing experience - I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now if I hadn't gone to that show.

While I don't think the Barbican show will have such a profound impact on my music, it left me feeling very charged to perform live.

• Like 1

A Fleetwood Mac tribute band called Big Love. They weren't bad, though some of their intros were interesting - one song started and we thought it was going to be "Common People" by Pulp. The drummer looked like he could have been Mick Fleetwood's dad. It was a fun night.

20 hours ago, leroydiamond said:

Not that I am a Slash fan but those who attended and are, must be infuriated, or maybe not?. With the advances in technology etc., surely you should be able to hear the bloody guitar player, particularly one of this status?. I am no longer a regular gig goer, for a number of reasons, not least because of my experience of increasingly poor audio standards at gigs.

Must admit I don't know his solo stuff that well so I wasn't massively bothered, but aye, it just sounded like his solo boost wasn't on! Or, the 2nd guitarist was up too loud. 

Just back from seeing Tommy Blaize at Ilkley Kings Hall.

Am guessing not many folk on here may know Tommy - he’s one of the singers in The Dave Arch

Band who perform each week on ‘Strictly Come Dancing’. Certainly one of the best singers I’ve 

seen in a long time, he has worked with so many other people ( Stevie Wonder, Amy Winehouse,

Queen, Diana Ross, Beach Boys ) and also plays piano, guitar and ukulele! A great selection

of songs with truly amazing vocals and piano playing, and a few stories too. Cracking gig,

highly recommended if it’s your bag. 

We saw a Tool tribute band called Tool Shed. I was rather sceptical but a mates band was supporting so we went.  

Tool Shed are awesome, the bassist was absolutely dead on with tone and playing but the drummer was absolutely incredible. That dudes not normal. The guitarist and singers were awesome as well but for me it was all about the rhythm section. 

I'll definitely see them again. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

We saw a Tool tribute band called Tool Shed. I was rather sceptical but a mates band was supporting so we went.  

Tool Shed are awesome, the bassist was absolutely dead on with tone and playing but the drummer was absolutely incredible. That dudes not normal. The guitarist and singers were awesome as well but for me it was all about the rhythm section. 

I'll definitely see them again. 

I'm seeing the real deal next month 🙂

11 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

The guitarist and singers were awesome as well but for me it was all about the rhythm section.

In which case it is an accurate rendition of tool!

2 hours ago, BreadBin said:

I'm seeing the real deal next month 🙂

Well worth it - saw them in the O2 last year, in general I don't like stadiums but that was fantastic. Remember to keep your phone in your pocket!

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

In which case it is an accurate rendition of tool!

Well worth it - saw them in the O2 last year, in general I don't like stadiums but that was fantastic. Remember to keep your phone in your pocket!

Yes! I saw Puscifer recently so am fully up to speed 🙂

The Hives Hammersmith Odeon....up on balcony and I really thought it was gunna collapse during Hate to say I told you so.....

I've seen plenty of shows there but nothing like last night.... the whole thing was bouncing. Truly scared😳 

Nerina Pallot at the London Palladium on Saturday night.

Exquisite.... beautiful voice, great band, lovely songs and one of the best live sounds I've ever heard in a London venue 😎

Edited by cetera

Rotem Sivan Trio at PizzaExpress Jazz in Soho. I've not been there in over a decade, but I always treasure the 'jazz' experience of listening to top notch musicians in such a proper small jazz club where you sit down, have a drink, they are like 10 feet away from you and playing live. He and his group did not disappoint. Great music, ambience and vibe...makes me feel all grown up :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lucas Santanna at Band on the Wall, on a mate’s suggestion. Brazilian trio playing sort of groovy er, Brazilian music with clear reggae/ska influences. Enjoyable if woefully under-attended - only about fifty people in the venue. Manchester’s Brazilian massive must have been otherwise engaged tonight. Those who did show up made up for short numbers with enthusiasm though.