Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Retro810. . . . . form an orderly queue

chris_b

Just loved the comment "[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I've got the 69'er too, love it but for some gigs it's just not quite loud enough."[/font][/color]

[size=4][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]What the hell sort of gigs is he playing![/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1444147587' post='2880669']
blimey o'riley :o
but doesnt that go against the form factor of having 2 10s side by side? dispersion what not?
[/quote]

No because of the way the two tens are configured in each horizontal pair. The BF site explains it far better than I could manage :)

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1444151829' post='2880710']

i tried but that makes my head hurt :rolleyes:
[/quote]
As far as I understand it, the retro 610 has (as most 6 x 10 cabs do) two vertical columns of 3 drivers. The clever bit is that only one of the two columns runs at full range with the other putting out just low end so there is no comb filtering and therefore the dispersion of midst and highs is far better than on other cabs with the same two column layout. The 8x10 will no doubt employ exactly the same system making it the best 8x10 out there. That said I simply cannot get my head around why anyone needs one unless they're playing stadia and have to stand 300ft from their amp.

I saw this when I was picking up my big twin...

It's huge by barefaced standards, I didn't get time to have a quick demo but I imagine it sounds rather epic ☺

Still I think it will pale into insignificance compared to some of Alex's upcoming creations.....

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1444122944' post='2880403']
Just loved the comment "[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I've got the 69'er too, love it but for some gigs it's just not quite loud enough."[/font][/color]

[size=4][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]What the hell sort of gigs is he playing![/font][/color][/size]
[/quote]
Ha! Not a quote you'd read too often.

36kg is almost half of my old Mesa 610! I wish this was around when I was young and stupid enough (and vehiculiar enough) to carry around such a beast.

The 'height' thing has got a bit lost in here....I have a couple of BF Dubsters and a pair of Mackie C200 for mid/top (active xover & Focusrite processing), through three Ormat 250 valves, or if I'm feeling idle, a Crown XLS2k (class D)...I wanted tall(ish) speakers & these do well. (yup, it's silly loud...I play reggae & soul, but not often, it's a bit much for a pub gig).......

:)