Why become a member? ×

What the Hell is a Bass Bash Anyway?

mrdreadful

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1428936249' post='2746100']
:lol: The Jubilee School is just off Station Road, about ½ mile from Addlestone Station..! Are you sure you're trying at all..? :lol:
[/quote]

Yes, but how are people without access to Google Maps expected to know that that road leads to/from the station? Oh, hang on...

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1428936521' post='2746105']
Have you ever walked half a mile carrying a 5-string Jazz, a Mesa Boogie head, and an SVT 810?

:D
[/quote]

Often, when loading in at some gigs..! Time for a trolley..? Or a quick 'phone call to an attendee for a helping hand..? Or a taxi..? Getting that cab into the carriage is really the mystery..! Anyway, it keeps one slim, fit and healthy [s]going through torture[/s] taking brisk exercise (or so I'm told... :blush: ).

Have you ever walked half a mile carrying a 5-string Jazz, a Mesa Boogie head, and an SVT 810?

[/quote]

I believe standard procedure is to fit coasters to the back of the 810, pop the Mesa head in your lap, and use the bass to punt your way to the venue!

Have you ever walked half a mile carrying a 5-string Jazz, a Mesa Boogie head, and an SVT 810? :D
[/quote]

From what I've gleaned from threads about bass bashes over the years, it would seem best to turn up with no gear whatsoever and just have a good nose at everyone else's! :)

[/quote]

I carried (between trains) a 100 watt Burman PA head from Lewisham to Slough, All because that stingy bugger Discreet wouldn't lend me his sack-truck

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1428942187' post='2746209']
From what I've gleaned from threads about bass bashes over the years, it would seem best to turn up with no gear whatsoever and just have a good nose at everyone else's! :)
[/quote]

Aye, there you go again, just typical of your attitude that is!

[quote name='jonnythenotes' timestamp='1428962040' post='2746551']
How about a none bass bash then. This would involve taking along things that have nothing to do with basses. This instantly resolves a lot of the transport issues connected with hefty bass gear, as lots of things that have nothing to do with bass can be quite small.
[/quote]

I bet they don't have this trouble on harmonicachat :D

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1428962367' post='2746561']
I carried (between trains) a 100 watt Burman PA head from Lewisham to Slough, All because that stingy bugger Discreet wouldn't lend me his sack-truck
[/quote]

I would have if I'd remembered I had one! You're the stingy bugger, you wouldn't spring for a cab! I told you not to risk it! :P

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1428962367' post='2746561']
Aye, there you go again, just typical of your attitude that is!
[/quote]

Rubbish, I'm happy to bring some gear! Can you give me a lift, though..? :D

Edited by discreet

Last night I dreamed that I was at a bass bash. A lot of people had AKG K240 headphones with broken cables so I was dispatched to a local river to dig some that had been dropped in out of the mud to steal the cables. When I returned there were two guys playing occasional random notes while everyone sat around and listened intently. When I asked if it was OK to pick up an instrument and an amp to join in, they um-ed and ah-ed a bit, before saying no when I asked for a yes or no answer. Then, the dream skipped to later when everyone was playing this riff over and over:

Oh, and it was at a female forum member's house, in her very large cellar, and she was paranoid about letting us use her toilets.

Edited by Annoying Twit