Why become a member? ×

Burgundy Mist or Lake Placid Blue or...?

JamesBass

I've decided I want to get myself a Limelight Jazz bass built, and so far I've narrowed it down to two colours. Lake Placid Blue or Burgundy Mist. I'm planning on having a rosewood board with blocks and binding, a matching headstock, and a tort guard.

So someone(All of you) help me decide!

My two favourites.

Burgundy looks amazing with tort (I had a mexi classic FSR with dots, no binding) and parchment suits it too - but there are regular reissued basses out there.

The LPB blocks and bound has also been reissued (had the us 75 reissue of this)...

Go burgundy and blocks, mash it up, get stack pots and a transition logo - ruin everything the purists want to see 😄

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1428103466' post='2738205']
My two favourites.

Burgundy looks amazing with tort (I had a mexi classic FSR with dots, no binding) and parchment suits it too - but there are regular reissued basses out there.

The LPB blocks and bound has also been reissued (had the us 75 reissue of this)...

Go burgundy and blocks, mash it up, get stack pots and a transition logo - [b]ruin everything the purists want to see[/b]
[/quote]
Exactly what I'm kinda thinking. I wanna create the ultimate jazz combining all of the best features of its history ;)

Love Shoreline Gold, I've also got Fiesta Red which is also great and I had Daphne Blue, which I also really liked. Of the two mentioned, i like LPB - i think its one of the best colours, both traditional and modern as it has the metallic finish. I'm less keen on Burgundy Mist personally, although i can see why people like it. I doubt i'm man enough to wear a bass in 'mist though! How about Sherwood Green (also a metallic finish) - looks great on my Jazz?

[quote name='Storky' timestamp='1428104695' post='2738216']
Love Shoreline Gold, I've also got Fiesta Red which is also great and I had Daphne Blue, which I also really liked. Of the two mentioned, i like LPB - i think its one of the best colours, both traditional and modern as it has the metallic finish. I'm less keen on Burgundy Mist personally, although i can see why people like it. I doubt i'm man enough to wear a bass in 'mist though! How about Sherwood Green (also a metallic finish) - looks great on my Jazz?
[/quote]
I'd love to see some pics of the Sherwood Green Jazz, it was a colour I had in mind but might have ruled it out too early now...

For me, Burgundy Mist (better than Lake Blue) suits really well a Relic finish. Limelight does it well usually, not to reliced. And prices are clever.

Tortoise or White ? Take the 2, you will change often and will have 2 basses in 1 :D

Matching Headstock and above all Dots and binding, my favorite combination. Good choices :)

Edited by Emanew

[quote name='Emanew' timestamp='1428137279' post='2738312']
For me, Burgundy Mist (better than Lake Blue) suits really well a Relic finish. Limelight does it well usually, not to reliced. And prices are clever.

Tortoise or White ? Take the 2, you will change often and will have 2 basses in 1 :D

Matching Headstock and above all Dots and binding, my favorite combination. Good choices :)
[/quote]
If Mark can only do the darker shade of BMM then I think I'd be more tempted by LPB, if he can get the lighter shade of the top pic the I'm pretty certain that's what I want, ok maybe about 85% sure haha

[quote name='bumnote' timestamp='1428103273' post='2738201']
I have a burgundy mist stack knob sounds fantastic. Bit dark, I might have been tempted with a fiesta red or LPB if I could choose again.
[/quote]

I prefer it to the more 'washed out' look - it's class. :)