Why become a member? ×

No! No! Noooooo!

Me, sometimes. Depends on whether or not my back is aching.

I suppose that, if I had to choose one thing to have in common with Robert Fripp, it would probably be this.

I'm not that fussed about awesome musicality, worldwide fame, an address book to die for, or dodgy facial hair.

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1427194109' post='2726884']
My daughter would love that!
[/quote]

Oh no! It's another girls bass guitar after all! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/252085-this-is-a-stunning-guitar-for-any-young-girl-in-a-band/page__p__2642278__hl__daisy__fromsearch__1#entry2642278"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2642278[/url]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281536245008?clk_rvr_id=802491704085&rmvSB=true

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1427188826' post='2726794']
I've seen worse offerings from internationally acclaimed boutique bass builders, aesthetically speaking.

I've actually played one and apart from being uncomfortable they're not too bad.
[/quote]

There's some truth to that first part.

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1427203614' post='2727056']
Oh no! It's another girls bass guitar after all!

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281536245008?clk_rvr_id=802491704085&rmvSB=true"]http://www.ebay.co.u...4085&rmvSB=true[/url]
[/quote]

Relisted [i]seven[/i] times, and still unsold...

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1427160500' post='2726672']
Who apart from Robert Fripp plays sitting down?
[/quote]

I'd guess everyone, sitting around of an evening noodling in front of the TV. I'd get told off if I stood up...

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1427324824' post='2729050']
I'd guess everyone, sitting around of an evening noodling in front of the TV. I'd get told off if I stood up...

J.
[/quote]

I don't think I've ever sat in front of the TV noodling. In the days when I still owned a TV if I was watching it, I was watching it and not doing anything else. If I wasn't watching it, the TV was either off or I was in another room doing something more constructive like practicing the bass or guitar standing up. ;-)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1427358986' post='2729214']
Nothing wrong with a Daisy Rock in my book.

Unashamedly targeted at teenage girls and if this brand gets more girls out there taking up bass then that can only be a good thing :)
[/quote]

Indeed, and why limit it just to teenage girls? I remember the daisy-shaped ones hanging in my local music shop years ago, and a mischievous part of me quite likes the butterfly design, and is wondering whether I could pull it off onstage.

Ironically enough, I now find myself thinking, [i]hmm, but it's probably short-scale, isn't it? And I do look a bit silly with a short-scale bass on me...[/i]

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1427359509' post='2729225']
I don't think I've ever sat in front of the TV noodling. In the days when I still owned a TV if I was watching it, I was watching it and not doing anything else. If I wasn't watching it, the TV was either off or I was in another room doing something more constructive like practicing the bass or guitar standing up. ;-)
[/quote]

Fair enough. Probably calls for a poll ("do you [i]never[/i] play sitting down?") but frankly don't care, can't be arsed... :P

Anyway - Daisy Rock, undoubtedly targeted at a young girly market - but I've been GASing for a shortscale for ages, and their Stardust Elite bass is unqualified top of my list.

Say what you want.... :ph34r: :D

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1427375909' post='2729534']
Fair enough. Probably calls for a poll ("do you [i]never[/i] play sitting down?") but frankly don't care, can't be arsed... :P
[/quote]

"I play my Rickenbacker sitting down with my music stand in front of me..."

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1427388079' post='2729799']
"I play my Rickenbacker sitting down with my music stand in front of me..."
[/quote]

Good god man, it's not enough just to [i]say[/i] it; you have to start on the subject in which you question how anybody in their right mind can play their Rickenbacker standing up and without a music stand in front of them. If in doubt, question the parentage of anybody who says otherwise ([i]especially[/i] those who play with a music stand behind them).