Why become a member? ×

Why do I want this? Am I crazy?

Mike

The Fender Adam Clayton model. Is it the colour? Matching headstock? Blocks? Butterbean tuners?

It's £1467 from GAK. Why do I want it? Am I mad? I don't even like U2. What do you people think?

[url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-adam-clayton-jazz-bass-sherwood-green-metallic/103163"]http://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-adam-clayton-jazz-bass-sherwood-green-metallic/103163[/url] Edited by Mike

[quote name='Mike' timestamp='1426510759' post='2718598']

The Fender Adam Clayton model. Is it the colour? Matching headstock? Blocks? Butterbean tuners?

It's £1467 from GAK. Why do I want it? Am I mad? I don't even like U2. What do you people think?

[url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-adam-clayton-jazz-bass-sherwood-green-metallic/103163"]http://www.gak.co.uk...metallic/103163[/url]
[/quote]

I like it too... but I hate signature basses, I'd be much more likely to buy one if it didn't have his name on it.

Your not mad, your just like the bass, but id have thought you where if you posted this instead ....

"The Fender Adam Clayton model. Is it the colour? Matching headstock? Blocks? Butterbean tuners?

It's £1467 from GAK. Why do I want it? Am I mad? I like U2. What do you people think?"

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1426512101' post='2718624']
Answered your own question there, I think :)
[/quote]

Your right, you've really got to want this specifically to pay that, I doubt you'd get more than half back second hand if you went off it.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1426511250' post='2718607']
I like it too... but I hate signature basses, I'd be much more likely to buy one if it didn't have his name on it.
[/quote]
[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1426511320' post='2718609']
How much is one like that?
[/quote]

An extra £250 :P

I don't think you mad to [i]want [/i]it, it's bloody gorgeous. The colour, the blocks, and tuners; all pretty yummy. I even like the matching headstock, and I don't usually rate them at all.

At that price however, even if you were a U2 fan, you may be a bit nuts. I'm put off by what looks like his sig on the headstock, that's a bit cheesy imo. If it wasn't for the sig, I'd want one too.

you are mad.... £1400 for a Fender Jazz bass that isn't a Custom Shop is mental. just get one in the same colour on here 2nd hand for about £6-800 depending on the market and if you're desperate for that neck then just get a neck and pup's that you like afterwards and you'll have still spent £400 less. It's only a Jazz bass that has been mass produced slightly differently. I'd understand if it was a CS, but it isn't.

[quote name='Mike' timestamp='1426510759' post='2718598']
[/quote]

This person thinks: Yes, you are mad. Save yourself £1200 and get a Sire MM V7 instead. It won't make you sound like Marcus Miller in just the same way as this bass won't make you sound like Adam Clayton, but it's much better value for money. :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1426516420' post='2718693']
This person thinks: Yes, you are mad. Save yourself £1200 and get a Sire MM V7 instead. It won't make you sound like Marcus Miller in just the same way as this bass won't make you sound like Adam Clayton, but it's much better value for money. :)
[/quote]

I suppose not sounding like Adam Clayton carries a premium.