Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

poor attitude from newbie & me

artisan

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1425900225' post='2711887']
Now we know why people don't visit OT with threads like these...
...but, there is nothing else going on anywhere else either, so
it's this or nothing...
[/quote]

I'm not prepared to discus it.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1425900856' post='2711894']
I'm not prepared to discus it.
[/quote]
[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1425901735' post='2711908']
PM is fine
[/quote]
[quote name='Bikenbass' timestamp='1425904899' post='2711966']
Now now, play nicely boys.
[/quote]

Do try and keep up, people - discus is a type of fish.

Edit: Or did you get it? I'm confused...

Edited by discreet

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1425755050' post='2710443']
exactly,he read my reply & all he had to do was say "yes I definitely want the strings & will sort payment as soon as I can "
but apparently this was too much trouble for him & as I had another buyer desperate to give me his money it was a no brainer for me.
[/quote]

I can see that.
3.5 hours is very little, but, on the other hand, if I'm really interested in something I make sure the seller knows. If I have a message from the seller and I read it, I reply even if it's a one liner "on the move now, I'll write back later with details" or something, to let him know I'm not ignoring him. If the seller just wants to sell something and has a number of people at the door, I can understand skipping someone who looks like may not be serious (how many times someone has told me they wanted something, only for them to disappear? too many). It takes a minute to reply a one liner. It's ok if you haven't read the message, I understand people do not log in all the time to check, but if you did login and read the message, just press reply. The other person knows you've read it and chose not to reply at that time... don't blame the seller for doing business with someone else if you don't make sure you show interest.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1425934726' post='2712563']

I can see that.
3.5 hours is very little, but, on the other hand, if I'm really interested in something I make sure the seller knows. If I have a message from the seller and I read it, I reply even if it's a one liner "on the move now, I'll write back later with details" or something, to let him know I'm not ignoring him. If the seller just wants to sell something and has a number of people at the door, I can understand skipping someone who looks like may not be serious (how many times someone has told me they wanted something, only for them to disappear? too many). It takes a minute to reply a one liner. It's ok if you haven't read the message, I understand people do not log in all the time to check, but if you did login and read the message, just press reply. The other person knows you've read it and chose not to reply at that time... don't blame the seller for doing business with someone else if you don't make sure you show interest.
[/quote]
thank you,this exactly my point :)

I listed some Markbass gear yesterday, it's all sold now but there were around 10 members who PM'd me saying they'd definitely buy one or more ietms, but despite having read the PM's I sent back asking them to confirm, didn't reply. I don't see why there's any onus on the seller to do anything but sell. You can't go into a shop and say 'keep that for me, I'll be back when I feel like it', so why expect to here?

I'd guess it's on 'hold' to enable the buyer to confirm and arrange payment not read an email then ignore it for a time. That would definitely make me think twice having been subject to this type of thing previously. However, there are superb buyers and sellers on here who can be found by looking at their feedback. My feedback is extremely important to me hence, instant replies to any query or requirement.

I recently sold some pedals etc. and they all went in a couple of days to great buyers, who paid instantly.

I guess I've been lucky but I've never had a bad transaction on BC.

There is an element of trust. I did feel a bit vulnerable when I transfered the money for my Wal and bascally just had to hope it turned up... :blink:

If I had received comms that made me want to hold the item, then I'd give the guy more than 3.5 hrs
before I looked around for someone else and taking it off 'hold'. I'd at least send a message saying I had other 'buyers'
and I'd only keep the item on hold for 24hrs if I didn't hear back in that time with proper details to advance the sale.
Then the onus would be on the buyer to comply...
3.5 hrs is a bit of an insult, IMO.
No wonder the newbie wasn't impressed.
I wouldn't expect buyers here to jerk you around... and the whole point of this place for sales is that it isn't the usual market place..??