Why become a member? ×

Kanye West

UglyDog

I've just learned Crazy in Love for a new band and while I enjoy playing it, I had to listen to the live version as this is the version that we do. To say it was cringeworthy would be an understatement.

Great performer? Possibly. Great singer? Not live anyway. I think the idea being that if you fill the stage with enough people doing different things it will detract form the fact that you can't sing. And I heard stuff happening that I couldn't see anyone singing or playing.

I too couldn't name a single song by old Westy but to do what he did is just childish. I agree he should start his own awards show where every award should be presented to Beyonce as she deserves it doesn't she? That would keep him happy and away from everyone else.

Personally some rap stuff does sound pretty childish - the use of harpsichords, nursery rhymes, tired old rapper phrases, overuse of the word "yeah"

Rock Star? Bollocks more like it. The ability to sample someone else's songs and add your dodgy, aggressive poetry over the top does not make you a rock star. There are a couple of exceptions but they are few and far between - eg Rage Against The Machine

Edited by Delberthot

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif][size=4]"I still love him and think he's genius. I aspire to do what he does." Qoth Beck.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif][size=4]Anyone who is familiar with his work can make of that what they will, but it made me laugh.[/size][/font][/color]

A mentioned, one good thing came out of this: publicity for a true artist, Beck.
He also came through the whole thing as a class act.

I cringe when I hear Kanye refer to himself as a "musician", that is a long stretch, not to mention how pathetic anyone referring to himself in the third person looks like... please tell me the "biggest rock star" comment was sarcastic, please tell me that! I can't honestely think of one single memorable song.
Hs protégée on the other side, that guy with the acoustic guitar looking very uneasy in the video, he shows some promise! I must admit I'm developing some respect for Kanye as a talent scout.

Edited by Shedua511

Beyoncé may be great but her dance moves are well documented ripoffs- Tina turner for one and the single ladies video has carbon copy moves from west side story's America. All worked out for her by someone else. Her vocals may be powerful, I think she sings great but generic soul/Pop. Kanye needs to get some perspective!

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1423529572' post='2686093']
Weren't the Kardashians the nasty aliens in Star trek next generation ?
[/quote]

No, they were from the original series. Their dad was Kodos the evil murderous dictator, who then changed his name to Kardashian and became an actor.

This is the first and only song that i know of his. After hearing it, i just wondered how he became a well known rapper. a very third rate rapper. I am surprised Jools Holland would want to showcase this

http://youtu.be/cuZEjI0AWRY

Edited by timmo

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1423570585' post='2686382']
This is the first and only song that i know of his. After hearing it, i just wondered how he became a well known rapper. a very third rate rapper. I am surprised Jools Holland would want to showcase this

http://youtu.be/cuZEjI0AWRY
[/quote]

I am quite proud of the fact that I have a very wide and eclectic taste in music, some rap included. The late great Tupac, Cypress hill are among others on my playlists, but this, I would probably list under the colloquial heading of pish !

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1423555185' post='2686144']
I've just learned Crazy in Love for a new band and while I enjoy playing it, I had to listen to the live version as this is the version that we do. To say it was cringeworthy would be an understatement.

Great performer? Possibly. Great singer? Not live anyway. I think the idea being that if you fill the stage with enough people doing different things it will detract form the fact that you can't sing. And I heard stuff happening that I couldn't see anyone singing or playing.

I too couldn't name a single song by old Westy but to do what he did is just childish. I agree he should start his own awards show where every award should be presented to Beyonce as she deserves it doesn't she? That would keep him happy and away from everyone else.

Personally some rap stuff does sound pretty childish - the use of harpsichords, nursery rhymes, tired old rapper phrases, overuse of the word "yeah"

Rock Star? Bollocks more like it. The ability to sample someone else's songs and add your dodgy, aggressive poetry over the top does not make you a rock star. There are a couple of exceptions but they are few and far between - eg Rage Against The Machine
[/quote]
Beyoncé can't sing? Do me a favour.