Why become a member? ×

Kanye West

UglyDog

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1426195582' post='2715630']
Scary. Anonymous are after you Kanye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tibphZYyODo
[/quote]

Yeah, I seen that on facetube. Ya gotta be scared if those buggers are after you, I mean imagine getting anonymous mail ! Or even worse , anonymous phone calls! I would die if that was to happen !!!

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1426412936' post='2717678']
Why is anyone still talking about this...whatever he thinks he is?
[/quote]To be honest, i think people stopped talking about it ages ago. Im posted a link about Anonymous as i thought it was amusing. As if they are really worried about someone like Kanye

I'm not sure that I see the problem with Kanye headlining Glastonbury. It's a popular music festival, he's a popular music performer, and surely any festivalgoer looking for something less mainstream won't be at the main stage for much of the festival anyway. Yet I keep seeing petitions urging the Glasto organisers to cancel his slot, as though it was some sort of betrayal of Glastonbury principles. Am I missing something?

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1426598634' post='2719660']
I'm not sure that I see the problem with Kanye headlining Glastonbury. It's a popular music festival, he's a popular music performer, and surely any festivalgoer looking for something less mainstream won't be at the main stage for much of the festival anyway. Yet I keep seeing petitions urging the Glasto organisers to cancel his slot, as though it was some sort of betrayal of Glastonbury principles. Am I missing something?
[/quote]

Didn't they go through all that a few years ago when J-Zed was on?

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1426597656' post='2719646']
TBH a Kanye show is better than most rock bands headlining a festival. How many people have seen a Kanye live set? Typical BC - no previous experience but will judge anyway.
[/quote]That is a good point. Have you seen Kanye live? If so, what were your thoughts. Admittedly i have only seen him live on clips where he had a live concert and talked about himself for 10 minutes and the crowd started getting restless. Plus a live performance on Jools Holland. I must admit that he must be good as his fans keep going to his concerts.

Can't be as bad as Metallica. After I saw them on last time I figured it would go down hill. It was like they were dropping their standards with them. Just very, very poor.

Kanye's first coupla albums - College and Late were good. Well good if you like that kinda thing. Like most famous artists, their fame is based on something. If his first albums had been terrible - there wouldn't be a thread in his name on here would there?

After that, he went all show biz, over produced and started to believe his own hype - and now he is the deranged fool that we all know.

He'll probably put on a watchable show. It'll pull more TV than practically any rock act, sadly, or not sadly.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1426598634' post='2719660']
I'm not sure that I see the problem with Kanye headlining Glastonbury. It's a popular music festival, he's a popular music performer, and surely any festivalgoer looking for something less mainstream won't be at the main stage for much of the festival anyway. [b] Yet I keep seeing petitions urging the Glasto organisers to cancel his slot, as though it was some sort of betrayal of Glastonbury principles. Am I missing something?[/b]
[/quote]

Jesus, really? I know that some of these online petitions are a good thing, giving a voice to people in difficult situations and all that, but I feel like some people are just taking the p*** now (see the competing "fire/don't fire Jeremy Clarkson" petitions for further evidence of this). Does it really matter that much who plays the headline slot at Glastonbury? I think Beer of the Bass is quite correct - if Kanye's not your thing, there's plenty of other stages to try (and if you can't find anything else you like, why the hell are you at Glastonbury in the first place?)

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1426601334' post='2719712']
If his first albums had been terrible - there wouldn't be a thread in his name on here would there?
[/quote]
Errm, I don't know if you've read the rest of the thread and the reasons why I started it (the link in post #1 should give a clue), but I can assure you it wasn't because of the high quality of his recorded material... :huh:

TBH a Kanye show is better than most rock bands headlining a festival. How many people have seen a Kanye live set? Typical BC - no previous experience but will judge anyway.
[/quote]
I can only assume that you have seen every rock band in the world, if you know that a Kanye show is better than most of them? Or are you just judging..? ;)

this one from [b][url="http://newsthump.com/2015/03/17/glastonbury-fans-begin-preparing-bottles-of-piss-for-kanye-west/"]NEWSTHUMP[/url][/b] wins the internet (as they say)

[url="http://newsthump.com/2015/03/17/glastonbury-fans-begin-preparing-bottles-of-piss-for-kanye-west/"][/url]

[/quote]

No but I did see that pile of sh*t at the Brit awards. - does that count,
I myself would rather sit through metallica again than Kanye west no matter how dull their set was perceived to be

But come on let's be positive, at least here we get to see the whinging twat on a stage he's acutally booked to be on

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1426611625' post='2719846']
Errm, I don't know if you've read the rest of the thread and the reasons why I started it (the link in post #1 should give a clue), but I can assure you it wasn't because of the high quality of his recorded material... :huh:
[/quote]

You're being condescending. Nice.

Oh FGS. No, I'm not. You said "[i]If his first albums had been terrible - there wouldn't be a thread in his name on here would there?[/i]", and in reply I am pointing out that the two do not go hand in hand; just because we are talking about him on here, at length, does not [i]automatically[/i] make his first albums the work of greatness.