Why become a member? ×

New cheap Marcus Miller endorsed range of basses - Sire

Clarky

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1425428176' post='2707375']
This was posted earlier in the thread, the written review is in German but if you scroll down the page there's some sound samples:
[url="http://m.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansicht/sire-marcus-miller-v7-4-saiter-bass-test.html"]http://m.bonedo.de/a...-bass-test.html[/url]
[/quote]

Sounds good to my ears..
Has anyone seen / heard any clips of the M3 online? I see they are now in stock at Thomann but I've no idea what they sound like.

This was posted earlier in the thread, the written review is in German but if you scroll down the page there's some sound samples:
[url="http://m.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansicht/sire-marcus-miller-v7-4-saiter-bass-test.html"]http://m.bonedo.de/a...-bass-test.html[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for this... it does sound really good. Dammit again!! :blink:

[/quote]

Some excellent quotes in there... "[color=#464646][font=Arial,] [/font][/color][color=#464646][font=Arial,][i]In jazz bass with a ash body can be quite a tendency to obesity watch, especially the Fender originals from the 70s are partially heavy as lead[/i]" :lol:[/font][/color]

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1425471791' post='2707632']

Some excellent quotes in there... "[color=#464646][font=Arial,] [/font][/color][color=#464646][font=Arial,][i]In jazz bass with a ash body can be quite a tendency to obesity watch, especially the Fender originals from the 70s are partially heavy as lead[/i]" :lol:[/font][/color]
[/quote]
😄 When I bought my Bongo the website was in Dutch, I translated it using Google and it actually made even less sense in English!!

[quote name='fiatcoupe432' timestamp='1425470698' post='2707610']
a cheaper one here.......

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARCUS-MILLER-Miniature-5-string-Jazz-Bass-/251520684750?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8fcd12ce"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a8fcd12ce[/url]
[/quote]

That must be those "deco" basses everyone is buying, great for travel too...

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1425485033' post='2707832']
Haha, the power of basschat strikes again :-)

what did you go for?
[/quote]
The V7 4 string in Antique white/Rosewood. Been looking at the Oly white VMJ a lot lately, so thought i'd give one of these a try! Had a VMP and a TC RH750 to move on so this just gave me the kick up the arse to get on with advertising them and release some funds!

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1425486010' post='2707838']
The V7 4 string in Antique white/Rosewood. Been looking at the Oly white VMJ a lot lately, so thought i'd give one of these a try! Had a VMP and a TC RH750 to move on so this just gave me the kick up the arse to get on with advertising them and release some funds!
[/quote]

Nice, same as mine, minus a string. The white is very, very close to my Squier CV Jazz. Much nicer (IMO) than the White MIA P bass i had a few years ago. i really dont like the more yellow looking whites.

I might get a 4 sting version later in the year, and will probably go for a TS - alder for a change. Ill then put a black PG on it.

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]She's here and she just plays and sounds amazing! (no to mention the looks) :)[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I wasn't sure about going for a 5 string, because not all the 5 strings i've tried in the past felt comfortable to me and i ended up getting rid of them and going back to 4stringers,[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]but now i'm hooked on the 5string, the B string is thunderous and the string spacing is perfect for slap, i love it! :D[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Will take her to rehearsal monday morning and report back after that. ;)[/font][/color]

[attachment=185806:DSCN0291.JPG]

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1425805063' post='2710753']
What is the string spacing?thanx
[/quote]

18mm at the bridge on the 5 strings, 20mm on the 4 strings. 20mm is a bit too wide for me on a 4 string. I normally replace tbr bridges for something narrower, not sure it's that easy with these basses.

Bassdude. Glad you aren't dissapointed. I too was worried about the feel,of the neck, it's larger than my TRBX, but yes, it's very comfortable.

Well first gig with 5st V7 last night and really pleased with new bass. Played like a dream no issues, also not as heavy after 3hr show (musicman stingray ex bass) loved the range of tones and with the 18v active u get loads of extra boost. We use IEM and my bass cut through nice and clear rest of the band were also impressed and loved the fat bottom b. Sure its just a matter of time before people hook onto to this great bass, just glad i have found a great 5string that works for me. :)

[quote name='Tripehound' timestamp='1425822457' post='2711036']
I'm close now.

White or sunburst?
[/quote]
I was all set, it was just down to natural or sunburst, so after much consideration I ordered the antique white! To be fair I had been looking at Olympic white Squier jazzes so it wasn't a complete shock! 😀

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1425822645' post='2711037']

I was all set, it was just down to natural or sunburst, so after much consideration I ordered the antique white! To be fair I had been looking at Olympic white Squier jazzes so it wasn't a complete shock! 😀
[/quote]

Seeing as I already had a white jazz bass I knew exactly what to expect, and I wasn't dissapointed.
The V7 is white, not one of those smoke sainted yellow whites. It's still very, very slightly warmer than my Squier, although I don't think the pic i posted last week really shows that. Both are whiter than the Fender MIA white I had.

It's a good choice to go for. Although my Squier has a maple fretboard on it at the moment I don't really like inlays on maple, so went for the rosewood. Gotta say it's a lovely combination.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1425826644' post='2711102']

Seeing as I already had a white jazz bass I knew exactly what to expect, and I wasn't dissapointed.
The V7 is white, not one of those smoke sainted yellow whites. It's still very, very slightly warmer than my Squier, although I don't think the pic i posted last week really shows that. Both are whiter than the Fender MIA white I had.

It's a good choice to go for. Although my Squier has a maple fretboard on it at the moment I don't really like inlays on maple, so went for the rosewood. Gotta say it's a lovely combination.
[/quote]
The wait is killing me! Hope I like it, seeing as I've never played a jazz bass!! 😯

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1425828373' post='2711136']

The wait is killing me! Hope I like it, seeing as I've never played a jazz bass!! 😯
[/quote]

Haha, it will be worth it. It's not just a jazz bass, it's a tone monster :-)

Edited by dave_bass5