Why become a member? ×

New cheap Marcus Miller endorsed range of basses - Sire

Clarky

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1428770174' post='2744442']
Have a look on their website, there is a message about the next batch i believe. There is no fixed date though.
[/quote]

UPDATE: New shipment 28th April 2015 (approximately)!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1428782952' post='2744554']
Yep,still havnt found a second bass thats right for me.i have a budget upto £600- 650
U know me lol:$
[/quote]

Heh, yes I do. ;) I don't think you'll get better value. Worth waiting for, I think.

I just checked Thomann and had amessage that the bass I am after, the white/tort 5 string, will not be avaialble until July 2015 :(....however, there was the model I am after as B'stock...so wishful thinking i've oredered that if i haven't missed it already :)

Edited by Raslee

There are two long threads on Talkbass about these basses, and quite a few of them came from Thomanns (yes, the Americans had to get them from Europe for a while).
A few of these did go back to Thomanns as they had slight issues. Hopefully those weren't put back on sale without the issues sorted out (nothing really major).

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1428857623' post='2745324']
There are two long threads on Talkbass about these basses, and quite a few of them came from Thomanns (yes, the Americans had to get them from Europe for a while).
A few of these did go back to Thomanns as they had slight issues. Hopefully those weren't put back on sale without the issues sorted out (nothing really major).
[/quote]
We'll see. I haven't cancelled my original order yet and I can always send the b-stock back if not up to standard I guess ;)

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1428866602' post='2745493']
Argh ive just seen the b stock 5er.if u snooze u loose lol.i would have ordered it.wow i'll have to be faster next time
[/quote] I think we were both asleep when they were in vogue. Your not a fellow reggae player too are you? As I'm always accused of being asleep and behind the times 😄😎

Edited by Raslee

Well the B-stock 5 string V7 is here, slight mark on top of headstock and a little mark that'll probably wipe off at the rear, apart from that..pristine ;) And...wow - someone wake me up!!! What everyone has positively said and then some i'd say...simply bloody marvelous. Lovely neck, build quality is mind blowing, great low B, low action and no buzz, great intonation.... but most of all the tone palette with that passive & active EQ section is really phenomenal - i can get just about any sound i want...jeez this thing is VERSATILE! All this for £280 smackers...still can't believe it - actually it is butter :lol: . Think I may have to put an order in for a 4 string eventually. Other great 5's that I've also liked are Laklands & Yamaha TRB's...and nope I wouldn't swap the Sire for one of them right now...if your thinking of putting an order in then do it...thank this thread later :)