Why become a member? ×

I need more gigs, so I made a video.

wateroftyne

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi everyone[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm in the middle of a bit of a lull gig-wise, which wasn't supposed to happen.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It seems most of my bands are getting more 'selective', i,e, doing less, but better, gigs. Hooray for them, but boo for me. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I need to gig, otherwise I get kranky.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Problem is, it's a big ol' scene up here and there's a lot of great players.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So I thought I'd put a video together of short clips I've done over the last few years. Hopefully it'll do the job.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We'll see - I'll report back if it works...[/font][/color]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjSeVpxQVTY[/media]

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1419964971' post='2644443']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi everyone[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm in the middle of a bit of a lull gig-wise, which wasn't supposed to happen.[/font][/color]

[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It seems most of my bands are getting more 'selective', i,e, doing less, but better, gigs. Hooray for them, but boo for me. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I need to gig, otherwise I get kranky[/font][/color][/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Problem is, it's a big ol' scene up here and there's a lot of great players.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So I thought I'd put a video together of short clips I've done over the last few years. Hopefully it'll do the job.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We'll see - I'll report back if it works...[/font][/color]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjSeVpxQVTY[/media]
[/quote]

Assume hurrah for you as well since they'll pay better, you'll be better looked after etc etc
and you need to be 'available' for them..
I am sure you'll pick up dep gigs which you can then sub out when the better selective gigs kick back in..
Sounds a good position to be in, methinks..?

Cheers, all.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1419969806' post='2644499']
Enjoyed that. Looks like you've had some great gigs. What was the one with the orchestra and X Factor fella, amongst others?
[/quote]

That was a tribute to Bobby Robson - great fun. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/191509-my-gig-with-mark-knopfler-now-with-video"]Full story here[/url].

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1419970309' post='2644512']
Seem to recognise Ray Laidlaw in there from Lindisfarne Christmas Shows, many, many, many moons ago! Now who was that bald guitarist...? Some great gigs by you there and Newcastle City Hall still looks canny.
[/quote]

Yep - that's Ray! Bald guitarist is my best pal and partner in musical crime.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1419973716' post='2644572']
Some great stuff showing a highly accomplished, versatile player - so why are you being so coy with contact details, with just a rather obscured facebook address?
[/quote]

Good question: It's to embed in Facebook, really.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1419972589' post='2644541']
That was a tribute to Bobby Robson - great fun. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/191509-my-gig-with-mark-knopfler-now-with-video"]Full story here[/url].

[/quote]

Wow. Dream come true sort of stuff there.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1419973915' post='2644574']
Good question: It's to embed in Facebook, really.
[/quote]

Really think you should put a contact up in the final frame - just in case (like on here) someone gets to see it outside of Facebook. Cracking showreel though!

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1419972589' post='2644541']
Cheers, all.

Yep - that's Ray! Bald guitarist is my best pal and partner in musical crime.
[/quote]
I was alluding to Mark Knopfler (unless it wasn't him?!

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1419977053' post='2644616']
Really think you should put a contact up in the final frame - just in case (like on here) someone gets to see it outside of Facebook. Cracking showreel though!
[/quote]
I think you're right - I'll rebuild it with something at the end.. and thanks!

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1420021664' post='2644851']
I particularly like the way you cut from huge, showpiece gigs to pub rock ... really gives the sense that you're up for anything as long as it's a decent gig.
[/quote]

Yep - that's something I really wanted to try and get across. I've been told before that I wasn't considered for a gig once, 'cos they assumed I wouldn't be interested in playing in a pub... which couldn't be further from the truth. The occasional posh gigs are just the icing on the cake.

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1420121452' post='2645761']
Best Wishes with this

Playing with Lindisfarne must be a high, the FOTT album must be in my top 10 , absolutely love it.
[/quote]

Yep - the gigs were great. The first set was the whole of FOTT, played in sequence. So much fretless Precision fun!

Here's January Song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvc1vcFGGY0