Why become a member? ×

Guitar Guitar DPD Sunday Delivery

Hobbayne

I paid £9.99 to have a delivery today (Sunday) and have checked the tracking number and they reckon they attempted to deliver it about 3pm but there was no answer and they left a card.
Well I have been in all day and there was no knock on the door or card!
Fume!! :angry:

i'm pretty certain I've had texts updating me about DPD deliveries including the name of the driver and the time slot (1 hour wide) for when they were going to deliver and they've always managed it on time (usually at the start of the time window). Hope you manage to get it sorted ASAP.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1414955880' post='2595061']
DPD have a system in place that gives you an hour's warning ahead of their delivery via SMS. I'd be asking questions about why that wasn't in effect.
[/quote]

Spot on Kiwi. I got a pair of work boots delivered by DPD, got a text saying delivery would be between 1 and 2 pm and the guy appeared at 1 05.

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1414947040' post='2594935']
I paid £9.99 to have a delivery today (Sunday) and have checked the tracking number and they reckon they attempted to deliver it about 3pm but there was no answer and they left a card.
Well I have been in all day and there was no knock on the door or card!
Fume!! :angry:
[/quote]

If it makes you feel any better, I imagine the staff at guitar guitar will be feeling as frustrated, disappointed and annoyed as you that the courier has let you both down! There's nothing worse than delivering a high standard of customer service and care with the right product that meets the customers need and then have a third party (outside of your control), leave a poor lasting impression of the transaction with such poor service.

Edited by skej21

I've been told by people - one being a lady at my local post office - that it's pointless paying extra for Saturday/Sunday delivery, because 9 times out of 10, they don't deliver.

Saying that though, Amazon prime's next day delivery is excellent, and they do deliver Sundays. Shame I won't be renewing my prime membership since they almost doubled the price.

Don't know why but DPD are always the slowest option here, they seem to hand it off to the local post office it always seems to sit in limbo a day or 2 longer. Things have always arrived in good condition, but often had to wait 10 days from the UK.

I'd be asking for a refund on the extra delivery cost.

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1414993896' post='2595356']
Don't know why but DPD are always the slowest option here, they seem to hand it off to the local post office it always seems to sit in limbo a day or 2 longer. Things have always arrived in good condition, but often had to wait 10 days from the UK.

I'd be asking for a refund on the extra delivery cost.
[/quote]

I have been on the phone to Guitar Giutar and they are not interested. PlusI am out of pocket and bassless until I can get it redelivered! :angry:

Edited by Hobbayne

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1415007138' post='2595446']

I have been on the phone to Guitar Giutar and they are not interested. PlusI am out of pocket and bassless until I can get it redelivered! :angry:
[/quote]

I'd be back on the phone, and if needs be kicking up a stink. You paid them for Sunday delivery, your contract is with them so I'd be asking for a full refund on the delivery charge. You don't have a contact with DPD so it's not up to you to go chasing them.

I'd also be seeking some discount on the bass and it delivered at a time of my convenience... so I could write on Basschat ' what great service I got from this well known instrument retailer, some non-employee stranger type must have answered the phone the first time, I assume'.

Hope it works out.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1414977261' post='2595340']I've been told by people - one being a lady at my local post office - that it's pointless paying extra for Saturday/Sunday delivery, because 9 times out of 10, they don't deliver.[/quote]

I know we've been though this before but I've sent literally thousands of Saturday delivery parcels and not a single delivery has failed.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1414977261' post='2595340']
I've been told by people - one being a lady at my local post office - that it's pointless paying extra for Saturday/Sunday delivery, because 9 times out of 10, they don't deliver.
[/quote]

Again, that lady is mistaken

Every single Saturday/Sunday delivery I've had has been fine. Fortunately.