Why become a member? ×

The one song (Cover) that you would love to gig and why ?

lojo

I'd life to do Black Dog as it was one of the first songs I had to learn for a first rehearsal, it didn't go very well because of nerves but now I would like to play it as I've overcome the nerves but I'm with a different band (all originals).

Despite my current "laid back" age related tastes in music, I'd love to gig Last resort by Papa Roach. Loved it when it came out, I don't think I'd heard a commercial song with a more "right between the eyes" feel to it. It's a well constructed number, great hook and just the right length to grab the attention and then leave you wanting.

"Little Green Bag" by George Baker - everybody knows it already as the tune from "Reservoir Dogs" and it's a wicked bassline...

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b1wt3-zpzQ"]http://www.youtube....h?v=4b1wt3-zpzQ[/url]

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='Lynottfan' timestamp='1412714540' post='2571356']
Always wanted to have a go at Just what I needed by the cars, done it in rehearsals, big fan of Ben Orr and I can sing it (just) would love to do it live.
[/quote]

One of the first songs I played in a band - it was still in the charts at the time... :o :D

I've always wanted to do Get The Funk Out by Extreme, but Punter Blankness has always prevented us... :rolleyes:

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1412715062' post='2571368']
I'd like to have a crack at God Only Knows on my kazoo because however bad it sounded i'd always rest easy that it couldn't possibly be worse than what the BBC have just done to it. :D
[/quote]

+1... I could lay my hands on a vuvuzela and we could duet...

I would have thought that as so many members are in covers bands / bands that do covers, most of us would be doing the song we really liked? I can't narrow it down to one song but anything I grew up with is always a kick so playing that old rock n roll stuff like Eddie Cochran or Elvis is always a kick. In recent years I've really liked Lee Rocker's "Sometimes You Win" but can't find a band that want to do it.