Why become a member? ×

band Banter

KingPrawn

Hello all

we have a competition running in our band to see who can come up with the best banter, ditty, comment etc in the parts where we introduce a song, which is not very often as we let the tunes do the talking. I HAVE TO WIN !! i need your suggestions for great one liners etc.

Cheers

Not quite the thing or very helpful, really, but I won a similar competition in our band with this: A clearly half gone punter, after we had played one George Thorogood number persisted in shouting "I Drink Alone". Quick as a flash I got him with "I'm not surprised" which brought the house down, and even made all his mates laugh. Top bloke though, afterwards he came up to me and admitted it was a fair cop and he'd really enjoyed the gig.
I don't think you can have things up your sleeve, they just come out of the moment, really.

Caught out the guitarist once.
He introduced REM's This one goes out to the one I love and dedicated it to his wife. I quickly added "Paula, listen to the lyrics and you will understand why Rich won't be home tonight"
He still can't live it down and that was over tens years ago.

We've had a request.... but we're staying. We always like to come across new faces. The name's Bond - Unibond - I'm happy to fill your crack. The best things in life are free....so here at very great expense etc etc etc

Edited by Dr.Dave

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1412459655' post='2569135']
There's always the old "We've had a request...but we're staying", "Thank you, we knew we'd get the clap we deserved" etc, etc.
[/quote]

We've had a request, but we can't do it as the guitars are too wide.

'at last week's gig we were asked to do something Irish - so in the interval we dug the carpark up.'
'We only do requests if we're asked'
'Our drummer's the best in the country - in the town not so good'
'Always keep the audience wanting less'
'This week we've got our singer in person - sorry, that should have read 'in prison'.