Why become a member? ×

Glasto, who hasn't played there that should have done?

Pinball

Are there any big names you would like to see that haven't played. I wouldn't like to guess who has and who hasn't. Although I'm pretty sure Mulligan and O'hare haven't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw2CsBz_cKY

[quote name='Marillionred' timestamp='1404147331' post='2489772']
Me!

Only kidding - Never going to happen lol!

(Hey -I can dream can't I)
[/quote]
Me neither. Too many hipsters around where i live already let alone actually travelling down there and spending a weekend with them.

The very thought of it.

PS. Got to say a big thanks to Glastonbury for letting us have a hipster free weekend once a year where i live.

Edited by BetaFunk

As there was recently another Tull thread, did they ever play Glasto? Seen conflicting reports, one guy who was there for the first in 1970 says he 'enjoyed playing with the likes of Jethro Tull' but they are not listed in 1970's lineup on wiki (a lot of early years lineups are incomplete however). They did IOW in early 70's so were very much a 'festival band' around the time. Also confusing matters is that Ian A Anderson (folk singer) WAS on the Glasto '70 bill. You'd have thought a later mid to late-70's Tull in all their pomp would be a shoe-in for Glasto but I don't think it happened.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1404040637' post='2488669']
When The Sex Pistols reformed, did they play there, as don`t think so and that would have been a good `un.
[/quote]

When the Pistols reformed in '96 Glasto was taking a sabbatical that year so the Sex Pistols played the Phoenix Festival in Stratford instead.
Saw half their set which, as much as I grew up loving them, seemed a bit by numbers. Decided that the J.T.Q. who were playing in a nearby marquee might be a better bet.
I was right.
They had half the crowd on stage and the whole place was dancing their arses off totally having it. Amazing!

Edited by miles'tone