Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Scratchplate: Tort or Black? Your vote counts!

Chris Sharman

Evening,

following on from the work I have just had done on my Westone fretless I am now looking at my MIM jazz with itchy wallet.

The Jazz is green (sage?) and has a white scratchplate fitted. I was thinking about replacing it the moment I bought it with a black one but Mrs S has had her way until now and I have not done anything to it other than a re-string. I am now looking to restring with flats having tried and loved them on my fretless and also after playing them on a Jazz at the East Mids Bass Bash and I figured now is the ideal time to have a go and do some of the other stuff I have thought about doing.

So, learned purveyors of low frequency groovage I ask for your opinion on;

a) Black or tortoiseshell plate on a sage green Jazz with Rosewood fretboard?
B) Bridge pickup cover; Yay or Nay?
c) Recommended flats to go on a Jazz bearing in mind I am used to Rotosound 66 rounds so far on my Jazz and TI Jazz flats on my fretless.

[size=2]Your votes do count and may be used to shape other services we offer. Steep hills can go up as well as down. Your house may be at risk if you drive a Land Rover through the dining room. Other smallprint may not be as funny as this, your experience may vary.[/size]

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1401260598' post='2461647']
Of your options, Tort. If it were me, white pearl!
[/quote]

This.

[size=2]or mint green...[/size]

Edited by paul_5

I've thought about tort for my Sage Green Metallic Jazz, but I always end up staying with white, although my scratchplate has gone somewhat creamy. I personally hate the colour, I wish I'd never got it, but it was the only one in the shop and I was mightily hungover when I bought it and didn't want to leave empty handed.

Edited by Jono Bolton