Why become a member? ×

Hawkwind Tribute.....but what songs?

Number6

Those song titles have awakened memories of the late 70s when I used to listen to Hawkwind. I saw them at Sheffield City Hall about the time Quark... came out. I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy them now, but a decent tribute would surely do well around the festivals.

For a band that's got such a massive back catalogue, would you do better to focus on a particular era of Hawkwind? Personally I've never really got into most of the Calvert-era stuff (well, maybe throw in [i]High Rise [/i]and [i]Spirit of the Age[/i]) but then I've always thought their best stuff was from the début album through to [i]Warriors at the Edge of Time.[/i] If you could recreate some of the wonderful soundscapes off the first album I'd really be impressed - though that may not be a particularly crowd-pleasing set!

So many! Born To Go (probably the first song I learnt to play), Lord Of Light, Brainstorm, Down Throigh The Night, Space Is Deep, Orgone Accumulator, It's So Easy (though you'd need the Mellotron!), Assault And Battery/Golden Void, High Rise (lovely bassline on that), Robot, 25 Years, I could go on!
And a shout-out for Spiral Galaxy 28948.