Why become a member? ×

Herts Bash 2014 - Sunday 6th July

TheGreek

Sorry to say that I can't make this event, which is a real shame as it looks like it's going to be another fabulous Basschat Bash, and I'd love to be there to support Mick and everyone else involved.

So, just to say have a good one people! Look forward to seeing all the post-Bash photos.. :)

Hi guys,

Does anyone have some decent semi studio-grade headphones I can use on the FX stand. I have my KRK 8400s, but I'm aiming to have two 'stations' setup......my second pair of headphones are some real basic Phillips fold-up ones :-/
I'll bring them anyway, but just in case someone has something a bit nicer for the second station :)

Cheers, cya sunday
Si

This week I have mostly been battling a most annoying ear infection and was hoping it would have gone by now. (eh?! what?!).
Ok, bottom line is I may still make it tomorrow but will have to play it by...erm... you know what! :)

I think I'm going to miss this. I'm gigging tomorrow night in Kent and I've just been told it's an earlier set up now. I'll see if I can squeeze in an hour or so but it doesn't look too promising at the mo :(

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1404666246' post='2494552']
Just back from the bash - lovely day! Thank you Mick and Lozz for organising it. Stand by for another humongous blog entry! :)
[/quote]

Great news Sylvie.. Looking forward to it.. :)

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1404666246' post='2494552']
Just back from the bash - lovely day! Thank you Mick and Lozz for organising it. Stand by for another humongous blog entry! :)
[/quote]

Well Silvia, I sincerely hope you managed to take a few pictures this time! ;)

Just back from this years bash...many thanks to all those who attended and helped to raise £313.20 for the venue. The centre is pretty strapped for cash at the moment so the money raised will be very welcome. Again, many thanks...

Special thanks go to:

[b]Truckstop[/b] - Alex was good enough to provide the food and cold drinks for the day but was unable to stick around due to last minute work commitments. Alex paid for all these out of his own pocket and donated them to the event helping boost the coffers. Any food/drink left over will be sold by the centre in the future so the final figure will be higher than that above. My personal thanks for this especially as he didn't get to play a single note.

[b]Nick Smith (Doctor of the Bass)[/b] who arrived after getting home from a gig at 5am. Nick, along with one of his students, did a really interesting and enjoyable presentation on Modes which helped me and many others if the discussion afterwards was anything to go by. I believe that part of the video for Nick's presentation will be posted later. I would just like to take the opportunity to let others know that [u]Nick is available for lessons [/u]and that his details can be found in the Tutors thread and that he can be contacted through Basschat by PM.

[b]SiBob[/b] who brought lots of effects to try but as a resource was under used. I think this is the 3rd time Si has given his time for Bass bashes and that he probably doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

[b]Lozz196[/b] who ran the P Bass blind test with interesting and surprising results which I'm sure will send shock waves through the Bass community. Check out the P Bass blind test thread.

[b]Bassface2K10[/b] who at short notice stepped in to help with the canteen and the raffle. Chris also generously donated an acoustic bass which went to the winner of the P Bass test. Chris, like myself, used the centre when we were kids so being able to give something back was doubly rewarding.

[b]Bluejay [/b]for the IT support and the photographs and blogs which I look forward to reading.

Hopefully those who attended will be able to make use of the facilities in the future and take advantage of the opportunity to book yourselves a gig on one of the forthcoming Rock Nights.

Now looking forward to next year's event..

Afterthought: somebody left an A frame stand on the stage following the P Bass test - if you'd like it back, get in contact.

Edited by TheGreek

Just got back in after a good run back to Cambridgeshire :) had a fantastic day out at the Bash and met up with some familiar faces and some new peeps.

The presentation on modes was great and I thought the P Bass test threw up some really interesting results. Apologies to Lozz who battled with me defretted Squire PJ (which I had mistakenly left in Drop C - ooops!)

All looking forward to the SE bash and Herts Bash next year

Great job by all who organised the event and a big thumbs up for SiBob for taking time to talk through delay pedals

What a day! This was my first bash so I was a little unsure of what to expect, but [b]low [/b]and behold I was greeted by a hugely friendly bunch of fellow Basschatters. Huge thanks to everyone involved in organising it, I had a brilliant time and will definitely be along to the next one.

I also managed to catch c.25mins of the Modes seminar on video which I'm in the process of pulling from my iPhone now. Hopefully I'll be able to get it on to Dropbox to share with you all later.

Thanks again!

Dave

Got back home in one piece.

Lots of fun, and great to be able to try lots of different basses to try and home in on my next purchase! Think I am sold on the P bass, just need to wait for more pennies to stack up.

A great pleasure to meet such a friendly bunch and big thanks to the Greek & Chris who made it happen, and loz, nick and sibob who all made exciting noises.

Look forward to the next one!

Dan

Mick, many thanks for organising this and also thanks to all the aforementioned BC'ers who made it such a great get-together. My first bass bash (hadn't even touched a bass guitar a year ago) but hopefully not my last. Really impressed by how friendly and supportive everyone was, and enjoyed seeing lots of kit and some great musicians in action.
Cheers, Simon