Why become a member? ×

Herts Bash 2014 - Sunday 6th July

TheGreek

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1397667520' post='2426302']
This sounds fun. I'd love to include my humble MIM Fender P in the test.
I've heard it played by KevB through his rig and it definitely sounded a lot better than when I play it! :blush:

It would be fun to discover if people can tell it's 'just' a MIM.
[/quote]

It's not me, it's the rig honest :happy: I looked at my diary and I've booked the week off the day after this bash as I'm going up to the lakes for part of it. And I own 2 P basses. Must...resist...must...resist...

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1400228319' post='2451961']
It's not me, it's the rig honest :happy: I looked at my diary and I've booked the week off the day after this bash as I'm going up to the lakes for part of it. And I own 2 P basses. Must...resist...must...resist...
[/quote]

Go on Kev, you know you want a nice day out in Hertfordshire.
And there's bound to be cake as well! :lol:

A couple of EU players have asked about bringing their's - I think that Jake Newman is coming and I'm sure will be happy to share some of his knowledge with anybody with any questions...I think that Slap It Hard is also coming....

Start a thread...

Edited by TheGreek

Sorry Sibob, can't help you on the pedal.
Mick, is there a thread asking people to log their fender p's for the blind test? I saw it earlier but lost it while I was checking my specs.
I think the test is a great idea. Can you post a link on this thread if it's still running?
Lozz, have just bought your old p-bass from Freddy thru BC, would be interesting to see what you think of its recent cosmetic surgery!

[quote name='hertsbass' timestamp='1401827452' post='2467359']
Sorry Sibob, can't help you on the pedal.
Mick, is there a thread asking people to log their fender p's for the blind test? I saw it earlier but lost it while I was checking my specs.
I think the test is a great idea. Can you post a link on this thread if it's still running?
Lozz, have just bought your old p-bass from Freddy thru BC, would be interesting to see what you think of its recent cosmetic surgery!
[/quote]

There's this:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/234766-p-bass-blind-test/

Lozz will be running the test, I think he's planning on putting a list together from the attendance list here closer to the time...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in.

Can I bring Mrs G? Maybe I can let her off in the nearby fields as well?

I can also bring my Gear4Music LA P-bass for the test.

I also have 2 Wick Streamers; fretless and fretted, and a Wishbass if anyone's interested?

Rich

You're welcome to bring along Mrs G who you can wander around Hatfield town centre and look at the wide selection of [size=1][s]crappy[/s][/size] charity shops, banks and food shops Hatfield has to offer. Alternatively there is The Galleria but there is a chance she might spend some money there...keep hold of the Credit Cards!!

If I am bringing my P bass (my bitsa/self build) I assume that I will need to bring my own amp so people can try it out if they want?

I also assume Lozz won't need to use my amp for the blind test part as the bass will be put through the same rig as everyone elses?

These may be stupid questions but I never been to a meet before like..! :sorry:

Everything will be played under the same conditions - through the same amp, same settings, same riffs...that way we'll see how good everybody's ear is.

There should be several amps available for people to try each others gear - only suggestion might be to bring a stand and a lead as well.

As you're in Hemel too were you planning on coming over with Lozz??

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1403018036' post='2478897']
As you're in Hemel too were you planning on coming over with Lozz??
[/quote]

I'm actually in Chesham. But no-one knows where that is so I say '[i]High Wycombe/Hemel Hempstead area'[/i] so people know roughly where I'm from etc

I have church in the morning and I can't skip it as I am playing bass that morning - hence why I don't think I will get there until 2pm.

We finish about 12.30 and if I pack down straight away I should be out the door by 12.50 and it is about 40-50 mins drive to Hatfield.

So I won't need to get a lift with Lozz as I suspect he will be going before me but if he needs a lift a might be able to squeeze him in depending on what he is planning to bring (I only got a silly little fiat punto).

Edited by Jonnyboy Rotten

What, no donuts?! Ah, never mind - bassnuts are better! :)
I reckon I can make this now so have added my details below. I've not made it to a bash for a while so It'll be nice to catch up with folks.
I'll bring my beloved MM Stingray5 plus 2 or 3 others, e.g., Tune TWB-6, MM Stingray fretless, Fender USA Jazz. Either a Trace Elliot GP12SMX 1x15 combo or Trace Elliot BLX-80 1x10 combo. Boss GT-6B fx unit.

1: TheGreek - Ritter Cora/ ACG SC Harlot and Genz Benz 3.0/Vanderkley MNT112/ Drum machine.
2. Charic- ACG Finn 4 (Drop C), Custom MIM P bass with Shuker neck, Yamaha RBX6JM, Hartke Kilo, Bergantino NV610, TC Electronic Gmajor 2, Tech21 XXL, Behringer Bass Chorus, SourceAudio Multiwave Distortion Pro
3, Aende - Markbass F500, SWR 112 Cabs, MM Stingray, Fender Modern PLayer Jazz with East preamp, some effects......)
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Sibob - ACG Finn SC 5, Fender '71 Precision, 'The Effects Library'[/font][/color]
5. Lozz196 - cakes, couple of Precisions, , Markbass CMD121P & NY121, Tech21 VT DI
6. gary mac
7. Truckstop
8. seashell - Fender P
9. StephenYork - Alpher Custom Bass, EBS TD650 and either Markbass 152 or TC BC212.
10. Bassface2K10
11. Doctor of the Bass
12. Captain Bass
13. Ratman - Streamliner, Bergantino HD112, a few effects, Squire P.
14. Barkin
15. Hertsbass - Fender P, plus a couple of pedals
16. Bottle - modded Ibanez GSR-180, modded Squier Precision Special (de-fretted), amp and a couple of 12" cabs, some pedals :0
17: charliethornton - Lakland AJ55/ Aguilar Tonehammer 500 and Vanderkley MNT210.
18: Jonnyboy Rotten - Squier P
19: Danj - F-Bass AC5, AC Jazz 4, shuttlemax 12, 2x12 & possibly a GK 112 depending on arsedness
20: theyellowcar - MIM Deluxe Active P
21: Balcro. I'll almost certainly be there, with ye ancient Encore Precision to add to the mix.
22. Stingray5 - MM Stingray5, Tune TWB-6, (maybe also MM Stingray fretless, Fender USA Jazz). Amp: either a Trace Elliot GP12SMX 1x15 combo or Trace Elliot BLX-80 1x10 combo. Boss GT-6B fx unit.

[quote name='Stingray5' timestamp='1403533114' post='2483616']
What, no donuts?! Ah, never mind - bassnuts are better! :)
I reckon I can make this now so have added my details below. I've not made it to a bash for a while so It'll be nice to catch up with folks.
I'll bring my beloved MM Stingray5 plus 2 or 3 others, e.g., Tune TWB-6, MM Stingray fretless, Fender USA Jazz. Either a Trace Elliot GP12SMX 1x15 combo or Trace Elliot BLX-80 1x10 combo. Boss GT-6B fx unit.

[/quote]

Yay! It will be so great to see you. Can't wait to show you - I can play at least 6 notes now! I sometimes even use the G string! :D

Excellent, Steve, long time no see! And yes, Shell can definitely play bass :)

Potentially stupid question: I don't remember seeing guitars and drums/drummer(s) being mentioned among - respectively - the gear and the attendees lists. What's the plan on that front?

I'm going to be there. I'll add my name to the list at the very last moment :)

Edited by bluejay

We may be able to ask Paul the Junkyard Dogs drummer to come along to the bash. He's a BC veteran - he's been at most South East bashes too :)

1: TheGreek - Ritter Cora/ ACG SC Harlot and Genz Benz 3.0/Vanderkley MNT112/ Drum machine.
2. Charic- ACG Finn 4 (Drop C), Custom MIM P bass with Shuker neck, Yamaha RBX6JM, Hartke Kilo, Bergantino NV610, TC Electronic Gmajor 2, Tech21 XXL, Behringer Bass Chorus, SourceAudio Multiwave Distortion Pro
3, Aende - Markbass F500, SWR 112 Cabs, MM Stingray, Fender Modern PLayer Jazz with East preamp, some effects......)
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Sibob - ACG Finn SC 5, Fender '71 Precision, 'The Effects Library'[/font][/color]
5. Lozz196 - cakes, couple of Precisions, , Markbass CMD121P & NY121, Tech21 VT DI
6. gary mac
7. Truckstop
8. seashell - Fender P
9. StephenYork - Alpher Custom Bass, EBS TD650 and either Markbass 152 or TC BC212.
10. Bassface2K10
11. Doctor of the Bass
12. Captain Bass
14. Barkin
16. Bottle - modded Ibanez GSR-180, modded Squier Precision Special (de-fretted), amp and a couple of 12" cabs, some pedals :0
17: charliethornton - Lakland AJ55/ Aguilar Tonehammer 500 and Vanderkley MNT210.
19: Danj - F-Bass AC5, AC Jazz 4, shuttlemax 12, 2x12 & possibly a GK 112 depending on arsedness
21: Balcro. I'll almost certainly be there, with ye ancient Encore Precision to add to the mix.
22. Stingray5 - MM Stingray5, Tune TWB-6, (maybe also MM Stingray fretless, Fender USA Jazz). Amp: either a Trace Elliot GP12SMX 1x15 combo or Trace Elliot BLX-80 1x10 combo. Boss GT-6B fx unit.
23. Bluejay with obligatory camera, and perhaps my new Warwick Corvette PS 5

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1403538370' post='2483696']
Yay! It will be so great to see you. Can't wait to show you - I can play at least 6 notes now! I sometimes even use the G string! :D
[/quote]

Excellent, I'll look forward to it. :)

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1403545137' post='2483779']
We may be able to ask Paul the Junkyard Dogs drummer to come along to the bash. He's a BC veteran - he's been at most South East bashes too :)

6. gary mac
7. Truckstop
8. seashell - Fender P
10. Bassface2K10
11. Doctor of the Bass
12. Captain Bass
14. Barkin
23. Bluejay with obligatory camera, and perhaps my new Warwick Corvette PS 5
[/quote]

That'd be great if Paul is able to come along too. I could 'throw in' a Strat or something, if needed.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1403538370' post='2483696']
[/quote]

Sounds like an aspiring guitarist is in our midst :lol: