Why become a member? ×

Herts Bash 2014 - Sunday 6th July

TheGreek

A quick overview of the day but obviously open to revision - we'll try to be flexible on times.

Doors open at 11.30 to allow people to unload and get set up. There are about 20-25 parking spaces at the venue and two public car parks within 100 yards. You'll need to unload and move your cars to one of the car parks. Early birds catch the worms.

For those who attended last year this will make some sense, for those who didn't (shame on you!!) it won't!!

Rigs in the main hall where the stage is - there are only 10 power points in the hall (more on the stage) so please bring an extension lead/circuit breaker if you're bringing a rig. Lozz will be running the P Bass test in this hall from 12.30 (ish) which will provide a break in the inevitable gear/rig testing. We're anticipating the P Bass test to run for about an hour.

In the small hall where Bass Gear were last year SiBob will (hopefully - [i]haven't had final confirmation of this at the time of writing[/i]) be running a pedal testing feature where you'll be able to try pedals in combination till about 2pm when Nick (Doctor of the Bass) will be presenting a seminar on "Modes" or possibly on Technique depending on demand. If you have pedals which others may not have tried, please bring these along.

Molan and Bass Gear will be in the middle hall where the rigs were pitched last year so bring lots of cash to buy those incredibly tempting mega basses ([i]remember to prepare your lies/excuses for the Mrs well in advance [/i] ;) ;) ).

We do have some raffle prizes and some freebies for everybody but any donations would be much welcomed.

Tea/ Coffee/ soft drinks will be available along with doughnuts/croissants all day and the restaurants in the town centre (200 yards away) will be open for the duration for those who would like something more substantial. The canteen will be run by my mate Kev and his mum, Pauline, who went to school with Colin Blunstone from The Zombies and can provide some 50 year old gossip.

Any profit from our event go to the venue (so please don't complain about the price of Tea/Coffee) and you could potentially book yourself a gig as the venue now runs monthly rock nights.

Photos, as usual, will be courtesy of Bluejay but feel free to bring a camera if that's your thing (Fran).

The venue is a yellow, mock Tudor building, situated 200 yards from the town centre - landmarks are the 2 tower blocks - aim for the darker of the two and follow the noise.

[b]Address/ Postcode[/b] for those using a SatNav: [b]Link Drive, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 8TP[/b]

Look forward to seeing you all on the day..

Edited by TheGreek

1: TheGreek - Ritter Cora/ ACG SC Harlot and Genz Benz 3.0/Vanderkley MNT112/ Drum machine.
2. Charic- ACG Finn 4 (Drop C), Custom MIM P bass with Shuker neck, Yamaha RBX6JM, Hartke Kilo, Bergantino NV610, TC Electronic Gmajor 2, Tech21 XXL, Behringer Bass Chorus, SourceAudio Multiwave Distortion Pro
3, Aende - Markbass F500, SWR 112 Cabs, MM Stingray, Fender Modern PLayer Jazz with East preamp, some effects......)
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Sibob - ACG Finn SC 5, Fender '71 Precision, 'The Effects Library'[/font][/color]
5. Lozz196 - cakes, couple of Precisions, , Markbass CMD121P & NY121, Tech21 VT DI
6. gary mac
7. Truckstop
8. seashell - Fender P
9. StephenYork - Alpher Custom Bass, EBS TD650 and either Markbass 152 or TC BC212.
10. Bassface2K10
11. Doctor of the Bass
12. Captain Bass
13. Ratman - Streamliner, Bergantino HD112, a few effects, Squire P.
14. Barkin
15. Hertsbass - Fender P, plus a couple of pedals
16. Bottle - modded Ibanez GSR-180, modded Squier Precision Special (de-fretted), amp and a couple of 12" cabs, some pedals :0
17: charliethornton - Lakland AJ55/ Aguilar Tonehammer 500 and Vanderkley MNT210.
18: Jonnyboy Rotten - Squier P
19: Danj - F-Bass AC5, AC Jazz 4, shuttlemax 12, 2x12 & possibly a GK 112 depending on arsedness
20: theyellowcar - MIM Deluxe Active P
21: Balcro. I'll almost certainly be there, with ye ancient Encore Precision to add to the mix.
22. Stingray5 - MM Stingray5, Tune TWB-6, (maybe also MM Stingray fretless, Fender USA Jazz). Amp: either a Trace Elliot GP12SMX 1x15 combo or Trace Elliot BLX-80 1x10 combo. Boss GT-6B fx unit.
23. Bluejay with obligatory camera, and perhaps my new Warwick Corvette PS 5
24. Happy Jack - a smile, a song, a dodgy back

I'm planning on coming btw. Very interested to take a look at your Corvette Bluejay, if you bring it. I'm bringing a Gear4Music P for the P test and I can bring a Wishbass if anyone's interested, or a Streamer PJ; fretted of fretless? Anyone interested?

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1403801217' post='2486609']
Happy to bring the Corvette if you and/or anyone else is interested - it's a lefty, though, remember :)
[/quote]
Doh! Of course. I'm left handed too, but I don't think I can play left handed, but it'd be a laugh to try. :D
The important thing is getting to get to hear it in the flesh, so I'd still love to see it and meet you, of course.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1403813368' post='2486816']
Doh! Of course. I'm left handed too, but I don't think I can play left handed, but it'd be a laugh to try. :D
The important thing is getting to get to hear it in the flesh, so I'd still love to see it and meet you, of course.
[/quote]

:wub: :wub: :wub: ;) ;)

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1403814987' post='2486839']
:wub: :wub: :wub: ;) ;)
[/quote]

With Mrs G with me on the day?

I don't think so. I'm a happily married man, don't you know! Ask Mrs G, she'll tell you.

(Married to a Warwick Streamer)

Edited by Grangur

Barrie has had to pull out because of a last minute gig. Unfortunately we've not been able to get another shop to come in though Nick (Doctor of the Bass) may be bringing some low end basses if anybody is interested. We do have several sets of strings courtesy of D'Addario for the raffle and there is a Music shop in The Galleria (10mins away?) if you're desperate.

I have created a reference doc with a summary of the day, taken from Mick's posts, and uploaded to my public Dropbox folder. Anyone who's planning to attend, feel free to download, print, share etc :)
[url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90710763/Herts%20Bass%20Bash%202014.pdf"]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90710763/Herts%20Bass%20Bash%202014.pdf[/url]

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1404300399' post='2491260']
I have created a reference doc with a summary of the day, taken from Mick's posts, and uploaded to my public Dropbox folder. Anyone who's planning to attend, feel free to download, print, share etc :)
[url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90710763/Herts%20Bass%20Bash%202014.pdf"]https://dl.dropboxus...Bash%202014.pdf[/url]
[/quote]

Hi Bluejay - thanks for the PDF. I have a (very selfish) request. I won't be able to get there until about 1.30/1.45. Is there any chance of having the P-BAss test at 2/2.30pm so I can get there in time?!

Thanks! :)