Why become a member? ×

Why am I gassing for a 4003?

police squad

I can't stand it. Don't like the way he runs his company and all that but I quite fancy one.
I've owned several in the past, even a really good copy but I don't need one. I certainly couldn't use it in my Police tribute.

I can even get one interest free

AAAARRRGGHGHGH help

Edited by police squad

Dont do it! Remember how JH has royally fµcked everybody about! Remember how badly-made they are! Remember that only very few of them can actually be played properly! Most of them are dogs! You'll get buyers remorse for sure! You'll have to sell it again at a loss! Your missus will be furious you spent so much cash, and at Christmas, too! Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children!!

If you need more reasons not to buy one, PM me. :D

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1386438125' post='2300166']
...my missus quite liked the only one she's played. I still want one lol
[/quote]
[size=4][quote name='steviedee' timestamp='1386438210' post='2300169'][/size]...looks awesome and sounds like a herd of wild horses revving Harley Davidsons in a canyon somewhere.
[/quote]

Thanks guys, now I want one. :(

Edited by discreet

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1386437480' post='2300153']
I can't stand it. Don't like the way he runs his company and all that but I quite fancy one.
I've owned several in the past, even a really good copy but I don't need one. I certainly couldn't use it in my Police tribute.

I can even get one interest free

AAAARRRGGHGHGH help
[/quote]

Christmas is coming - it's silly season.

My Ric gas is on the back-burner. I'll get one sorted one day. but I've played 3 new 4003's in different shops and they have all been lovely. I've also played Rockingbetters and they don't compare. I've played a couple of 4001's too, and they were superb. At the end of the day, BC can be a very anti-Ric place, but it's more a product of John Hall than anything else. I've owned a Thunderbird, which was beautifully light weight, not neck-divey and sounded monumental, but if you listen to folk here, they'll tell you the complete opposite, and most likely after never owning or playing one.

Ultimately, you need to be playing a few in shops, definitely try before you buy. And after that listen to your heart :)

Only ever played one Ric, no idea whether a 4001 or 4003, but I loved it. If you can afford it, and find one you like, why not. JH isn`t going be bothered either way, and whilst I dislike the way he seems to operate I wouldn`t let it put me off of buying one if I wanted one.