Why become a member? ×

The Orwells on Jools Later

Mudpup

Just skimmed through it, Denaie Moore was truly awful. I really don't understand that style of singing, mutilated vowels, stretched clipped out of tune. The Orwells, oh well. The Killers...Brendon so wants to tell us all how great Jesus is.

I agree with Mr Bung, it needs to be taken out into the field and put out of its misery.

Jools looks like Bob Hoskins.

More crap.

Career progression will be as follows -

Have played Jools Holland, 90% of music buying public think its crap and turn off.
10% use the 90% claiming its crap as evidence of their superiority of their scene
Within 3 months NME cover claiming (MOST IMPORTANT BAND IN THE WORLD)
Album comes out
Goes to number 4
within a year NO ONE remembers them.

Remember the drums? or the vaccines? or The paddingtons, or any of these tripe bands? Of course you don't, if I ever got into a band who appeared on the NME cover or were hyped by Zane Lowe as the biggest band in the world I would just break up there and then, it's a death sentence.

Edited by throwoff

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1383735957' post='2268241']
...if I ever got into a band who appeared on the NME cover or were hyped by Zane Lowe as the biggest band in the world I would just break up there and then, it's a death sentence.
[/quote]

:lol:[size=4] Wow - just have to make sure that Zane never hears our music. We've been lucky so far![/size]

Ordinarily I'd agree, but actually there's been a much higher quotient of bands I've liked this series. Loved the Pixies (although I have done ever since Doolittle), and thought Tony Joe White, Gary Clark jr., and Barrence Whitfield and the Savages were all superb, and I've enjoyed Churches and Artic Monkeys as well.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1383736352' post='2268245']
:lol:[size=4] Wow - just have to make sure that Zane never hears our music. We've been lucky so far![/size]
[/quote]

I honestly mean that.

If we ever got scenesters getting into our band and we started to become 'cool' I would no longer want to do what I do.

Nothing would make me more jaded.

Maybe I'm just a miserable old sod.

Do you mean Chvrches?? :D

Quite a lot of negativity about Later... to say the least.... :) BUT there isn't anything else like it on TV. 'Good', I hear you say, but if Later was scrapped then there would be nothing at all. BBC4 show some very interesting music shows and documentaries and there are some great gigs and performances shown on Sky Arts, but there is no decent regular music show on TV - Later is all we've got.

[size=4][quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1383736637' post='2268250']
I honestly mean that. If we ever got scenesters getting into our band and we started to become 'cool' I would no longer want to do what I do. Nothing would make me more jaded. Maybe I'm just a miserable old sod.
[/quote]

It's unlikely in the extreme, but I think I'd just let it happen and enjoy it while it lasted.
Maybe I'm just a go-with-the-flow-stupid-old-hippy sod. :D ;)[/size]

[size=4]Edit: Unlikely for [i]our [/i]band, that is. Just to make it clear.[/size]

Edited by discreet

here's my FB update on the subject...

"Jules Holland mildly entertaining; the usual coiffured and fashionable indie rock chumps 'smashing' out tepid, over-emotive dribble, uninventing the MC5 through a U2 filter. Boy George did a cool non-standard pop tune and wiped the floor with em. look boyos, if yer gonna plug your guitars in, play em properly eh?"

I thought last weeks was ok with london grammer....thought i'd found a new group worth a listern...then found that most LG tunes seem samey.

surely someone could relaunch a new age ' tube'....or maybe the yoofs of today listerning habits have such that it wouldnt work...or it could be i'm 50 and cant understand the words to anything
and anyone under 20 needs a haircut?