Why become a member? ×

October Composition Competition - THE RESULTS

Skol303

Translation (but [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/220621-october-composition-competition-vote-here/page__view__findpost__p__2255246"]listen and vote first...[/url])...

[color=#0000cd]I've been on the WS here from the beg, btwn est opp opinions. I'll M2 remarks, though, trying to k2tog, I'll meas my work even if it's sq and sl to the RS to cont to PU some ch-space and dbl (or maybe dec...) my foll. Enough, I'll BO now; yo.[/color]

[color=#800080]I've been on the wrong side here from the beginning, between established opposite opinions. I'll make two remarks, though, trying to knit two together, I'll measure my work even if it's square and slip to the right side to continue to pick up some space previously made and double (or maybe decrease...) my following. Enough, I'll bind off now; yarn over.[/color]

There, that was fun, wasn't it..?

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1383069170' post='2259851']
oh absolutely and I know If I had put in as much effort as every one of these folk have it would be w a lot to me too
[/quote]

You'll be entering into the next challenge, perhaps..? B) (...[i]and well done for having listened and voted..![/i] ;) )

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1383070978' post='2259877']
It worked! - I voted and enjoyed having a listen to them all
[/quote]

Result..! Well done..! Now create a nice topic to encourage others spread the word..! Become a BC Challenge evangelist..! ;)

:hi: ... I'm absolutely ecstatic (seriously) to have received 3 votes from the BCers out there!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :D

I entered for the first time in July and enjoyed the experience -just couldn't get the idea to fit for September- but back for another go this month.

Again, I have resisted the temptation to vote for myself.

Yes, it seems to have been difficult getting folk to actually VOTE? -especially as this thread has had over 1,000 views- this is very strange indeed-y!?!?

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1383072670' post='2259915']...-especially as this thread has had over 1,000 views...[/quote]

...although, to be fair, some of those are repeat visits (no names, no pack drill...). OK, not nearly 1,000, but a fair few, just the same.
Congratulations on the 3 (for the moment; it's not over until [s]the fat lady sings[/s] the plug gets pulled...) votes.

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1383072670' post='2259915']
:hi: ... I'm absolutely ecstatic (seriously) to have received 3 votes from the BCers out there!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :D

I entered for the first time in July and enjoyed the experience -just couldn't get the idea to fit for September- but back for another go this month.

Again, I have resisted the temptation to vote for myself.

Yes, it seems to have been difficult getting folk to actually VOTE? -especially as this thread has had over 1,000 views- this is very strange indeed-y!?!?
[/quote]
Some quick research on online conversion rates suggests that proportion's not actually too bad, especially given the time required to listen to everything, and some being repeat viewers. Pageviews are cheap, but engagement's not.

Now excuse me while I go lobotomise myself so I don't sound like an ad agency w**k ever again.

edit: Also, you're welcome! :)

Edited by velvetkevorkian

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1383072670' post='2259915']

[/quote]

I totally love your entry and have just played it LOUD on my system at home rather than the crappy office speakers that I used to judge the competition.
Well done that was right up my street!

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1383048362' post='2259449']
Indeed, it's a poor show on the voting this month :angry: I do wonder sometimes whether this is a musicans' forum or a glorified knitting circle.
[/quote]

I literally only come here for the knitting to be fair.....

i will listen later, my new work computer is an arse to get my earplugs into

I'm finding no time to compose at the moment as life has been pretty hectic! However, I am sat in work with my headphones in and have been listening to all the tracks whilst doing a particularly dull newsletter! LOL!

I'm going to comment on all the tracks:

[b]Bilbo[/b] - Your double bass playing is quite beautiful, really enjoyed listening
[b]EliasMooseblaster[/b] - I liked this a lot, really loved the bassline to it. A really relaxing and chilled groove to it.
[b]lurksalot[/b] - Nice reggae feel to it, with a great carribean feel. The brass surprised me, I was expected steel drums from the intro! Lovely track.
[b]72deluxe[/b] - I'm so sorry, I couldn't get your track to download :(
[b]xgsjx [/b]- I was transported back to "electric dreams" the film at the intro. Loved the moog style bass on it, understated so very effective.
[b]Skol303[/b] - Your compositions are breathtaking good, and this song was performed and mixed to perfection. However, even though you chose the picture it didn't seem to suit it. Sorry Paul, but for that reason alone, you won't get my vote this month :P
[b]SimonEdward[/b] - Felt this had a 1980's kind of pet shop boys vibe to it, loved the water sample in the background.
[b]the boy[/b] - Lovely intro, and great to hear another track with vocals. Loved the harmonica vibe to it.
[b]Zenitram[/b] - I love the way the track builds. The percussion is lovely. Clever use of little samples.

Overall I have been blown away by the standard of entries. We have some really talented musicians on this forum, and listening every month is a pleasure. Sadly, it makes the job of voting incredibly difficult.

However, this month my vote goes to...... Simon Edward, this is a track I'd keep playing on my MP3 player. The bassline is beautiful in its supportive simplicity, the lyrics are stunning. Awesome track :)

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1383128481' post='2260440']
Woah. What happened there? Yesterday I had 2 votes, now I have 7. I am a success! :lol:
[/quote]

Wow , well deserved though Bilbo , I am totally chuffed that 6 people have cast there vote my way , incredible , thanks to all who have voted in the competition and took the time to listen, it is really appreciated.

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1383126680' post='2260404']

[b]72deluxe[/b] - I'm so sorry, I couldn't get your track to download :(

[/quote]

I have uploaded mine to https://soundcloud.com/72deluxe/wobbling-sea-by-the-beach as so many were having problems with my lousy choice to host it on Google.
Now on to vote....!