Why become a member? ×

Basses owned ( is one you want amongst these? )

Paul_C

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Mokl' post='23231' date='Jun 25 2007, 09:43 PM']I'm well down on numbers compared to you lot, but it's good fun to think of the guitars that have passed my way.

Westone Thunder I: My first bass, and I didn't realise how good it was at the time. Great build quality, came out of the Matsumoku factory.

1989 Musicman Stingray: Bought this from the same fella that I bought the Westone off - he decided he wanted to buy some "decks". His loss was my gain! Still have this and won't ever part with it, plays like a dream and has an amazing birdseye maple neck. Got bags of mojo now too.

Rickenbacker 4001 (early 80`s): This was a pile of cack to play, but sounded great. I kept it for a fortnight and swapped it for a brand new...

Rickenbacker 4003 Mapleglo: This was a stunning bass, but I never got on with the tone.

G&L ASAT Bass: Ridiculously lovely translucent red finish and beautiful, slim neck. I still feel pain when I think of how I parted with this. Amazing slap tone, fabulous versatility, but the neck used to dive so badly and I just couldn't live with it :-(

Warwick Thumb Bolt On: Probably the best all round tone I've had - cut through the mix wonderfully well. I only parted with it because I fell in love with a Jaydee Super Session.

1983 Jaydee Super Session: Completely impractical for me, this bass, but it was an amazing slap bass with a clear, punchy tone. Only sold it very recently, mainly due to me getting married and moving abroad in the near future.

1986 Wal Custom (Geddy Lee MK I): The bass I'd always wanted, although never thought I'd end up with a black Geddy Lee. Got it just before the prices went silly. This bass, looks and sounds evil. I cannot imagine a better rock-bass tone - that in itself makes up for the slightly uncomfortable body shape and strap balance. I hope I never have to sell it.

Lakland Skyline 5501 NTMB: Lovely 5 string, was really impressed with the quality. Never quite got on with the tone or the extra string.... I've since realised that Barts don't suit my personal taste, otherwise a wicked bass.

F Bass BN4: Stunningly beautiful bass in every way. Sublimely useable tone and wonderful quality, balance and playability. I've just recently sold this to a fellow BC'er. Hope it's still doing the biz, Peter.

Bravewood 1963 Jazz Bass "of Doom": Made for me by John at Bravewood, this is my own Jaco bass. A bit sad? Possibly! But it is amazingly authentic looking and sounds wonderful. Epoxy fingerboard coating, the works. I won't be selling this.

Sei Flamboyant 5: Very lovely looker, with practically every option available. This is the bass that confirmed that I don't like the sound of Bartolinis, so I had to reluctantly part with it.

Modulus Flea Bass: "One Off" Green flake finish! Played great, sounded good but preferred my Stingray. Used as a part-ex against my latest...

Fodera Monarch Classic: This is the bass that has cured my gas - which is just as well seeing as how I have to grow up and stop blowing my cash! It's taken me a little while to grow into this bass, and I think it really needed a few months playing in. Now I can't imagine playing anything else, it is effortless to play, sounds stunning and balances perfectly. It's a stunning looker without being too bling (spalted maple top with pale-moon ebony board (stripey!)).

That concludes the voting. Crikey, that's more than I thought![/quote]

Wal, Musicman, Lakland, G&L...................I am envious right now, saving for me first 'real' bass, a G&L SB2, If I ever had me grubby mitts on a Wal.......it would have to get it surgically removed. Plus a Rick.......Tone to die for...come back as a zombie...then die again.

Edited by Tombassjds4b

Funk me! There are some long lists on here!

1st bass was a Satgg blue thing that I soon realised was nasty so I pulled all the frets out and put some flatwound strings on, sounds creepy as hell and I use it on a lot of Ministry Of Misinformation recordings. Having said that, it is sh*t and I wouldn't touch Stagg with a barge pole.

2nd was a Washburn Scavenger in black with a serial number GD810058, got the original case and tags etc. Love it to bits and got it cheap.

3rd Fender Jaguar, black, love it.

4th sunburst Ibanez artcore hollow body which I tried, liked then hated. Put some flatwound strings on it and love it again.

Branching into the 5 string world now........

• 2 weeks later...

My updated list....which should stay like this for a while now:

[b]Currently Owned:[/b]

1973 Fender Jazz
1971 Fender Precision
2003 USA Fender Jazz Standard 4
2009 USA Fender Jazz Standard 5

[b]Previously Owned:[/b]

1983 USA Fender Jazz
1985 Japanese Fender Squier A-Series Precision (SQ Spec.)
OLP ThingRay 4
Shuker/Parts Jazz 4
Fender Squier Classic Vibe Jazz 4
Fender Squier Deluxe Jazz 5
Fender Squier Bronco 4
Encore/Parts Precision 4
Shuker Electric Upright 4
Lakland Skyline 44-02 Deluxe 4
1998-1999 USA Fender Jazz Deluxe 4
Warwick Corvette $$ 4
Bass Collection 355 5
Bass Collection 355 Fretless 5
Crafter Acoustic BA400 4
Yamaha RBX260 4

Si

• 4 weeks later...

Current

Sandberg JM4
Sandberg PM4
MIJ fretless Jazz

Previous

Guild M-85 - LP shaped thing, black with wooden bridge pieces - really woody sound too - £90 from Kingfisher music, Fleet
Arai SB1000 - yes I am old - I should have kept this though
a 10 year bassless gap until I bought...
Ibanez SR1200 - the lowest action bass I have ever played. Natural finish, and I thought something black would be better...
Musicman Sub - black - due to an ebay mishap I ended up with 2 of them, but after a month I had sold both. Chunky necks.
Status series 1 headless - aha slim graphite neck, around here I started keeping 3 basses, getting rid of one to finance the next.
Geddy - black - now this one I should have kept, money troubles eh?
Fender Marcus Miller -oly white - but with a 75 RI and a preamp you wouldn't need that butt ugly battery cover
Status series 1 - with a head this time. Tired of the looks, fickle old me
Warwick Streamer - didn't like the colour or the looks, but great to play
G+L L2000 tribute - blue - sold it to buy a G+L tribute g**t*r

now only have 2 Sandbergs and a jap Fender..

Edited by girya32

Whow ! some impressive collections. +1 on the SB1000 GIRYA32
Here's mine.

[b]Columbus Jazz copy (1976)[/b] - learned how to play on this.
[b]Shergold twin neck 8 & 4 strings (1978)[/b] - Shergolds 1st 8 string as far as i know - too heavy for an 18 yr old 9 stone teenager.
[b]Aria SB1000 (1980)[/b] - got into Jack Bruce at this point, great bass to play and what a sound.
[b]Fender Precision fretless (1981)[/b] - my first bash at fretless - bit limited but great fun.
[b]WAL custom fretless (1982)[/b] - one of my fav basses. killer sound ang fantastic playability.
[b]Aria SB900 (1983)[/b] - needed a fretted along with my WAL fretless. OK but limited EQ.
[b]Rickenbacker 4003 (1984)[/b] - great playability, very limited EQ. Couldn't take to it.
[b]Fender Jazz (1985)[/b] - great bass. One of my all time favs.
[b]Ibanez Musician (1987)[/b] - fell in love with the neck on this plus great variety of EQ. Very heavy bass though.

[b]Yamaha BX-1 (1988)[/b] - opposite of Ibanez with regards weight and what a neck. Passive too.
[b]Warwick Thumb (1989)[/b] - the love of my life after my wife obviously. what is there not to like. ?
[b]Warwick Rockbass (2008)[/b] - a cheapie on loan to my brother who was trying to learn bass for a few yrs.
[b]Fender Jazz (2009)[/b] - Geddy Lee signature. OK but not as good as my original 80's. Still a great bass though.
[b]Overwater Progress 6 custom fretless (2010)[/b] - my wife bought me this for my 50th. Needed a new challenge. Incredible bass.

Still have the last 5 although the BX-1 has been defretted as a project because it wasn't worth selling. :)

I think that's about it and not sure if they are exactly in order. Memory a bit vague mid 80's :)

Cheers
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[b]Yamaha BB300 [/b]- Still here, about to go through a transformation.
Washburn XB-100
Jackson C5P
Schechter Model T
Fender USA Jazz
Warwick Corvette
Stuart Spector Design NS-94
Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass
Hohner B2A
Hofner Cavern Edition Violin Bass
MusicMan StingRay 3eq Piezo
MusicMan Bongo HH
Epiphone Jack Casady
Rickenbacker 4003
Jaydee Supernatural Roadie IIA
Fender MIM 50's Precision Bass
Fender MIM 60's Jazz Bass
Fender MIA 75 Jazz Bass
Fender MIJ 62 Precision
Ken Smith Burner Artist (Walnut)
Fender MIJ 70's Precision Fretless
Squier MIJ SQ Precision Bass
[b]Fender BG-32 Acoustic Bass [/b]- Still Here, sort of on Permanant Loan
[b]Fender Custom Shop 64 Jazz Bass [/b]- Only Just Got Here

None of these have made me any good at bass :)

Edited by AndyTravis

• 2 weeks later...

1st - Antoria Jazz Bass Copy - tried to learn on. Unsuccessfully. Sold, along with a couple of 6-strings, to get an electro-acoustic. About 15 years later,
2nd - Antoria Jazz Bass Copy - bought with horrible paint job, non-funzionne pickups, and 1st fret action about 80 thou..... Had great fun bashing it about and ended up with something quite playable ....
3rd - MIJ Squier P - bought because I needed one in a hurry, not too impressed. Probably would have been great with new strings but I was still a bit of a newbie at this point.
4th - CIJ '75 RI Fender J, natural (Ash) with white scratchplate and pearl block inlays on the neck. Blonde on blonde. Bought from Ishibashi when the pound was still strong. She's so luvverly .......
5th - Columbus EB-0. The most recent object of my destructive tendencies. Bought because I fancied having a go with a short-scaler. Tried to take the neck off, one of the bolts sheared. It now has 2 small neckplates which is probably an improvement as it has bags of sustain. The bridge was a horrible copy of the already horrible 2-point Gibbo design, intonation all over the place, so I replaced it with 4 individual bridge/tail pieces (string spacing 15-16 mm, no standard designs fit). Intonation still not 100% and anything above 10th fret, forget it. Why do I persist? All my mates in the church band say it sounds better than my J ........... ! Did I mention the screechy microphonic pick-up? Hoping my local luthier has sorted that.

Still have 4th and 5th. No space or money for owt else, but may sell both to get an SG bass at some point ......

Edited by madanglian

• 2 weeks later...

1. SGC Nanyo Bass Collection 4 of some kind. Sparkly silver finish.

2. Ibanez Roadstar fretless 4 from about 1980.

3. Fender MIJ Marcus Miller jazz bass. Heavily modded.

4. Ibanez Prestige SR4005E 5er.

5. Spector Euro5LX-EX. Owned for about a month; didn't get on with it.

6. Ibanez Prestige SR5000E.

I still have 1, 4 & 6!

[quote name='Marvin' post='759287' date='Feb 27 2010, 06:55 PM']A very short list.

Westone Spectrum II. - truly awful, the mate I sold it to is still trying to get me to by it back after over 10 years.

Hohner B2A. - defretted. Really good bass, didn't realise it at the time and sold it for way too little

Ibanez SR300 - my weapon now. Brilliant.[/quote]
To those I should add the

Warwick Rockbass Corvette (Active).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='johnbassdoherty' post='1094173' date='Jan 18 2011, 07:20 PM']New to the site but here goes my wee list

Egmond 4 string complete rubish
Grant unknown not much better
Fender precision 73 loved it ( not surprising after first 2)
Westone Thunder 3 Walnut biggest mistake i ever made was to sell this baby
Status series 1 4 string headless liked it for 17 years
Ibanez Roadster fretless, didn't like it
Takemine 512C acoustic bass 4 string (still Have)
Yamaha BB 414F (fretless with EMGs), lovely to play (still Have)
Yamaha TRB 1005 Natural, good bass, lovely neck (still have)
G&L L2500 Blueburst Tribute, great pre amp & very loud, nice to play (still have)
Dingwall Combustion 3 tone burst, the new love of my life, fan frets rule (Will always have)
Ibanez ATK 700 4 String Blue, Nice bass, i bought this so when you call up other bass players for a tune, they can take this if they don't like 5 strings.[/quote]
New addition to this list
Dingwall ABII 5 string, one word Wow
and since posting this list I have sold all my basses except the Dingwall Combustion, the gas for the ABII became unbearable so had to sell sell sell.

• 2 weeks later...

room for one more ? - now have a JM5 as well - 25% more work with only the same ability..

[quote name='girya32' post='1267602' date='Jun 13 2011, 06:47 PM']Current

Sandberg JM4
Sandberg PM4
MIJ fretless Jazz

Previous

Guild M-85 - LP shaped thing, black with wooden bridge pieces - really woody sound too - £90 from Kingfisher music, Fleet
Arai SB1000 - yes I am old - I should have kept this though
a 10 year bassless gap until I bought...
Ibanez SR1200 - the lowest action bass I have ever played. Natural finish, and I thought something black would be better...
Musicman Sub - black - due to an ebay mishap I ended up with 2 of them, but after a month I had sold both. Chunky necks.
Status series 1 headless - aha slim graphite neck, around here I started keeping 3 basses, getting rid of one to finance the next.
Geddy - black - now this one I should have kept, money troubles eh?
Fender Marcus Miller -oly white - but with a 75 RI and a preamp you wouldn't need that butt ugly battery cover
Status series 1 - with a head this time. Tired of the looks, fickle old me
Warwick Streamer - didn't like the colour or the looks, but great to play
G+L L2000 tribute - blue - sold it to buy a G+L tribute g**t*r

now only have 2 Sandbergs and a jap Fender..[/quote]

Cant remember last time i did a list so:

All Left Handed

Owned
Ibanez GSR 200 - Now defretted
Awful right handed precision copy - Now defretted and silver with mirror ball pieces glued on
Alembic Epic 4 string - Amazing bass. First good quality bass.
Fretted Jazz copy - Was Gold Now natural with a badass 2 and Seymour Duncan pickups. Wish i had left it gold. to be refinished white.
Fretless Jazz copy - Currently in the process of refinishing black
Musicman Stingray Copy - In bits.
Schecter Studio 6 - now defretted
Warwick fortress MasterMan 5 - Amazing bass for death metal.
Aria Magna 4 - Bought on a whim for £50. i don't need it
ACG Recurve SC 6 - Unbelievable bass inspired me to get another ACG. Faultless
H and K 7 String fretted. - First try at an ERB above 6. Not bad. Needs a new preamp. looks nice but is heavy.

Owned in the past:
Rick Turner Electroline 5 string fretless - Bit too Jazzy sounding for me. Could cop a good upright tone with the piezo. don't regret moving on. Traded it for Warwick fortress and a warwick amp
Musicman 5 string fretless. Bought for a great price. Wonderful bass in brand new condition amazing Birds eye maple neck. - Really regret letting that go.
Musicman Stringray in Teal - Traded for the Corvette as i was sick of the neck dive from my Schecter - don't regret moving on
Warwick Corvette 6 String - loved this bass changed the hardware from chrome to black. Traded for ACG 6. Do not regret.

Incoming
ACG 7 String Fretted
'
Only bass i regret letting go was the MM fretless 5 as it was such a nice bass but if i hadn't let it go i would not of got my 4 string MM which means i wouldn't of got my Corvette which means i wouldn't of got my ACG so i am overall happy with my choices.

More than i thought. Oh dear.

Edited by Dread Bass

Hmmm...my go.

Current
Warwick Corvette 4 (Passive/Bubinga)
Warwick RockBass Corvette 4 (Active)
Yamaha Attitude Special
OLP MM 4 String

Previous (almost in order)
Satellite short scale thingy
Westone Thunder 1A
Hohner B2A
Maison 4 string
Squier Jazz
Aria CTB
Jaydee Roadie 1
Fender Precision
Encore fretless P Bass
Washburn MB6
Fender 62 Reissue Jazz (the one that got away!)
Jaydee Roadie 2A
Washburn Status
Hohner Jack
Warwick RockBass Streamer 5 (single p/up)
Status KingBass
Steinberger Spirirt 4
Another WashBurn MB6
Peavey Zodiac (just awful)
Vintage Jazz Bass
Squier CV 60's Precision

Edited by fender73

[b]Current[/b]

---- Ovation Celebrity ElectroAcoustic
'80s Westone Raider1
---- OLP MM3
---- Squier VMJ (modded)
'04 Warwick Infinity SN IV
'97 Warwick Fortress Masterman V
'97 Warwick Streamer LX VI
---- Yamaha Attitude 10th Anniversary Billy Sheehan Signature
'09 Status Streamline
'96 Vigier Passion V (series III)
'02 Fender MIA Jazz S1
---- "Bitza" EUB

[b]Previous[/b]

'90 EBMM Stingray 5 fretless (sold)
---- Columbus Series II Jazz fretless (dismantled)
---- Ibanez SRX 700 (sold)
---- Zoot Chaser Custom prototype (sold at a hideous loss)
---- Ibanez EDB600 Ergodyne (destroyed)
---- Some old Aria or another (dismantled)

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

Owned during the last 30 years..now only six in my collection.

Fender Jazz bass Marcus Miller
Fender Jazz 1966
Fender Precision (white)
Fender Precision 1974 (purple sunburst)
Fender Jazz 1977 (natural-maple hals)
Fender Jazz 1974 (sunburst -rosewood)
Fender Jazz 1973/74 (brown)
Fender Jazz bass deluxe (white)
Fender Jazz Mark King
Fender 1976 Jazz (olympic white)
Fender Roscoe Beck
Squier Jazz (red)
Ken Smith 5 Chuck Rainey
Ken Smith 5 BSR
Ken Smith 4 BSR
Sei 5 Jazz
Sadowsky NY MV24
Peavey Cirrus 5
Wal Custom MKI
Wal Custom MKI
Wal Custom MKI
Wal MKII midi
Wal Pro 1
Wal MKII 5
Wal MKI blue
Wal Pro II sunburst
Wal Pro 1984
Kubicki Factor Bass
Jaydee Supernatural (white)
Jaydee Supernatural (pink)
Jaydee Roadie
Music Man Stingray (brown)
Music Man Stingray (black)
Music Man Stingray (bordeaux)
Music Man Bongo
Music Man Sterling (green)
Yamaha Attitude Billy Sheehan
Yamaha BB300
Yamaha Nathan East
Yamaha 6 -string
Yamaha 1500
Warwick
Shack
Chapman Stick
Chapman Stick
Burns bass
Ibanez blazer
Ibanez Musician 924
Ibanez Roadster
Danelectro (black)
Hofner
Ashbory Guild
Ashbory
Music Man
Tanglewood (Hofner copy)
Kaas-jazzbas
Spiderbas (heart-shaped)
Bruine hybride bass
Westone Thunder
Stagg Rickenbacker copy
Fender Jazz bass copy (white)
Fodera Monarch
Pedulla MVP series 2
Status king bass dolphin leds
Alembic Spoiler
Alembic Mark King signature
Clover 5
Zon Sonus 5
Acoustic dubbelneck Tennessee 5 and fretless
Twostring Xtravaganza
Punkbass Precision Xtravanganza
Purple Xtravanganza
Rickenbacker 4003
Bruno Traversi Singlecut
Thomas Germann Singlecut
Sandberg JM California 4
Herom 5
Celinder J4 Update (from the Bass.chat banner)
Jonas Hellborg bass
Status series 2000
Pedulla MVP
Danelectro green-ish
Tokai
Adamovic Jupiter
Adamovic FBC
Fender All Parts
Sandberg MM

Belgrado headless 4
Belgrado double neck (5 en 5 fretless)
Belgrado jazz bass
Belgrado headless 4
Belgrado 8 string
Belgrado 5
Belgrado 5 bordeaux
Belgrado headless 5

Fretless :

Wal MK I
Wal MK I
Wal pro
Wal pro
Le Fay Remington steel 4
Le Fay Remington steel 5
Ken Smith BSR
Yamaha 5000
Warwick Streamer
Collier Jazz bass
Belgrado Jazz Bass
Belgrado headless graphite 5
Ibanez Musician
Yamaha 1100
Fender Jazz
Fender Jazz
Fender jazz
Ibanez Blazer
Pedulla Buzz
Tokai fretless
F Bass BN5

not a big list coming up!

Current -

LAG Collection 5-string
G&L L-2000
Schecter Hellraiser V
Jim Deacon P

Previous -

Ibanez ATK 300
Warwick Corvette $$ 5
Spector NSQ4 (think that's what it was called)
Ibanez Soundgear 5-string
Legacy Acoustic

Edited by Shawman

Basses Currently:

Epiphone Gothic Thunderbird
Warmoth '54 P bass sparkly gold

Amp Currently:

Gallien Krueger 700RB II
Laney Nexus NX115

Basses Previously:

Marlin Slammer P copy (my first bass)
Riverhead Jupiter (would like another)
Bass Collection SB305
Bass Collection SB365
Bass Collection SB310
Bass Collection SB312
Bass Collection Speakeasy
Rickenbacker 4003 Midnight Blue
Rickenbacker 4003 Blue Boy
Rickenbacker 4000
Rickenbacker 4003 Black
Rickenfacker neck through with Ric TRC
Hondo Rickenfacker bolt on - 4 to 5 string conversion with Kahler bridge and EMG 35DC
Avon EB-0 copy
Fender MIM Precision with Musicman pickup
Fender MIJ E Series CAR precision
Fender CIJ Precision
Fender Phil Lynott Tribute built with Fender parts
Fender CIJ '51 reissue mustard yellow
Fender MIJ '51 reissue 2 tone sunburst
Fender MIA Precision Shoreline Gold
Fender Geddly Lee Jazz
Fender 1973 Telecaster bass
Squier JV Precision
Squier SQ Precision
Squier Precision special
Squier VM Jazz bass x2
Squier VM Precision bass TB
Squier VM Jazz Bass
Epiphone Explorer
Epiphone Thunderbird IV x2
Epiphone Gothic Thunderbird (not the same as the one I currently have)
Epiphone EB-0 Pelham Blue
Epiphone EB-3 cherry red x2
Epiphone EB-3 black
Epiphone non-reverse Thunderbird 5 string
Modulus Flea Bass
Warwick Corvette $$ 5 string
Warwick Thunb NT5
Tennessee 12 string semi-acoustic
Carlo Robelli 12 string
Shine 8 string x2
Crafter acoustic
Musicman Stingray 5 string black
Musicman Stingray 5 string lava pearl
Musicman Stingray Amber burst
Musicman Stingray teal
Musicman Stingray fretless black
Musicman Stingray 5 string natural
Musicman Stingray 20th anniversary
Musicman Stingray 30th Anniversary
Commodore EB-2D copy
Warmoth '57 single coil P bass
Deville Beatle Bass
Ibanez Roadgear fretless
Ibanez SRX505
Ibanez SR1016
Ibanez Blazer
Trace Elliot T bass 5 string
Aria ZZB
Aria 5 string maple fretless
Yamaha TRB6 II fretless
Fernandes Fretless
Harley benton 5 string fretless
G&L L2000
Tanglewood Curbow 5 string
Vintage Stingray
Melody Grabber fretless copy
Shine 6 string
Antoria fretless
Washburn 6 string

Previous Amps, cabs and combos:

Peavey TNT160
Trace Elliot 7210 Combo
Trace Elliot V-type combo
Trace Elliot 1153 cab
Trace Elliot 1524 cab
Trace Elliot 1248H cab
Trace Elliot 1528 cab
Trace Elliot Series V Ah150
Trace Elliot Series 6 1518
Trace Elliot 1048H
Trace Elliot 2103H
Trace Elliot multistack 15"
Trace Elliot 4052H
Trace Elliot 7215 combo
Trace Elliot TVT9
Ashdown Mag 810
Hughes & Kettner 4x10"
Crate 2x15"
Ashdown ABM115 x2
Hartke 215XL
Schroeder 1212L
Ashdown Mag 410 x2
Ashdown Mag 414
Gallien Krueger 700RB II x2 (excluding the one I have now)
Gallien Krueger 800RB
Genz Shuttle 6.0
Ashdown RC500 EVo something or other. Chrome fronted rack amp
Hartke HA5500
Hartke LH500
Hartke A100
Vox Super Foundation 2x15"
Behringer BA410

Even I'm shocked by that

Edited by Delberthot

[b]Basses:[/b]

Current:

Cort T-35
Aria Pro II MAB 20/5
Westfield (I think it's called a Small Body, but it's not the same as the current Small Bodies)

Past:

Westone Raider 1 (It broke my heart to sell this, I still miss the way it's hardcase smelled)
Satellite P

[b]Amps:[/b]

Current:

Peavey T-Max 500
Behringer Bass V-Amp Pro
Peavey TX 410 (Cab)
No name 1x15 (Cab)

Past:

Laney Klipp
Carlsboro Stingray
1960's Marshall 4x12

Future:

The only thing I have planned is to buy a Cort Curbow 4 sometime next year.

I tend to only buy cheap stuff, stuff that's not really worth selling on. So I haven't got through much in the last 24 years.

Edited by KingBollock

Current:

'07 MIA Lefty Fender Deluxe Jazz

Past:

'03 MM Stingray
'97 MIJ Fender Jazz
'00 MIA Fender Hotrod Precision
Squier P Bass Special
Encore P Bass Copy

Amp:

Hartke VX3500

I know I havent owned many basses but the only one I miss is the MIJ Jazz, prefered it to the Hotrod Precision and Stingray, really was a lovely bass.

Edited by Subbeh

Blue Marlin sydwinder, p/j pickups, great first bass, traded for-

Epiphone viola which i didn't get on with at all,also had a neck defect, so was returned,

USA american traditional series jazz bass, brand new in 1999, still got and will never sell.

Squier jap silver series precision, part ex'd for-

Epiphone Rivoli, which was great, but didn't have a case and at the time was told nearly £300 for a case, plus extra cost of shortscale strings, so it went in p/x for-

Squier pro tone 5 string, bloody brilliant bass, regret getting rid of that one, but traded for-

Status 4000 series when at college, sold that later on.

2002/3 Bought another pro tone 5, as the shop had one left and kept this for a while.

1978 Rickenbacker 4001, saved first 2 months wages i ever had to buy this, wasn't particularly keen on the playability or sound really, p/xd for

1979 Fender precision, the bass I always wanted, stuck an 80s dimarzio in it, for some reason i p/xd that for a jazz bass, mentioned below.

2004 51 precision reissue, great bass, but could never get it setup how i wanted, so went in p/x along with the second pro tone 5 for-

Sandberg basic ken taylor 5 string, superb bass in every way, but could never quite get used to the shape and smaller size of the body, so it was swapped on here for a 2004 US standard Precision, another keeper.

2003 ish US standard Jazz in sunset orange, great bass, had a chrome bridge cover on it, looked the buisness, but i missed my precision too much, so it went in a swap for-

Classic series '57 precision, always wanted the us version of this but could never afford one, but after getting this there's no need to, changed the pickup for a US vintage one, and put a .1uF vintage condenser in , in almost every aspect its the closest i'm ever likely to get to owning a real 57 P bass, best precision ive ever played, along with the jazz will never be sold.

1982 Wal custom, wenge facings, picked up for £750 about 5 or 6 years ago, before the prices went stupid for them.

Squier Musicmaster, white.

1983-ish SD curlee, never seen another, got broken up for bits at college, pickup later went in the 79 P bass.

Tried to put it into some kind of order of which things came and went, but can't remember some of the dates and stuff exactly.

Currently have , the original black jazz, '57 reissue Precision, black USA precision, the Wal, and a 51 reissue bought from Lozz a few months ago, and a double bass.

Edited by Foxx

• 3 weeks later...

1st bass - Vintage bubinga 5 string.

Black Warwick Corvette Rockbass 4 sring active

Alder body/Wenge neck Warwick Streamer Pro-M

Artisan EUB

I still have all of them and can in fact see them from where I sit typing. Never actually owned an amp, both the bands I played bass in already had ones already and live I usually DI. Pretty poor I know.

Edit:- Rockbass sold so down to 3.

Edited by GarethFlatlands