Why become a member? ×

Gigging with no PA support

fender73

barefaced s12t and TC RH750, no pa required,obscenely loud, i have never had it past about 10:45 on the master and i like to be LOUD!
even when there is a decent rig its sometimes better just to let the cab do the work and not bother with a DI out (Depending on the room of course)

Edited by winterfire666

Gallien Krueger MB Fusion or Hartke LH500 heads

Barefaced Big One cab

Occasionally add a second cab (GK 212MBE until my second Barefaced turns up) but very rarely need to as its plenty loud enuff.

Playing pubs and medium sized clubs mainly in a noisy rock covers band with 2 geetards.

Edited by Mudpup

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1372442535' post='2125874']
...at one pub I play regularly I have to set up on the double hatch that leads down to the cellar![/quote]

I'm imagining a 'Great Escape'-type ruse where you smuggle in a dwarf in a dummy 8X10 who then nicks loads of booze from the cellar while you're doing the gig. You haul the dwarf and the booze out along with the cab. Brilliant, eh?

Unless of course the dwarf drinks the booze during your set, in which case all you'll have to show for it is a pissed dwarf. And who can honestly say they've never had that happen of a weekend? I certainly can't.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1372443457' post='2125897']

I'm imagining a 'Great Escape'-type ruse where you smuggle in a dwarf in a dummy 8X10 who then nicks loads of booze from the cellar while you're doing the gig. You haul the dwarf and the booze out along with the cab. Brilliant, eh?

Unless of course the dwarf drinks the booze during your set, in which case all you'll have to show for it is a pissed dwarf. And who can honestly say they've never had that happen of a weekend? I certainly can't.
[/quote]

Ed to ad !!!

You would need part of the the 8x10 to produce a bit of noise , so may end up with a deaf pissed dwarf

Edited by lurksalot

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1372443457' post='2125897']

[/quote]

That would be such a cheeky dwarf. In fact it could be said he's a barefaced midget....

I thank you...

Most of my gigs are without PA support for the bass. I used to have a 2x15 rig & after trying a few different things, I found all I need is a good 2x10 combo.
Easy in & out from venues. Combo in one hand, pedal board in the other, laptop sized bag for wires & bass in gigbag slung over my shoulder.

One or two SWR Workingmans 10's. I mainly play pubs and small clubs with a medium volume blues band.

I gave up carting 4x10's around a couple of years back; you simply don't need lots of speakers and lots of watts in those situations! You just need to be clever with your EQ and train your drumist to chill out and stop hitting things too hard!

Truckstop

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1372466552' post='2126229']
One or two SWR Workingmans 10's. I mainly play pubs and small clubs with a medium volume blues band.

I gave up carting 4x10's around a couple of years back; you simply don't need lots of speakers and lots of watts in those situations! You just need to be clever with your EQ and train your drumist to chill out and stop hitting things too hard!

Truckstop
[/quote]

The drummer's easy. It's them there damn geetartds that only get their 'tone' up at 11! :dash1:

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1372455396' post='2126084']That would be such a cheeky dwarf. In fact it could be said he's a barefaced midget...[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI[/url]