Why become a member? ×

This Should Be The Goal of Everyone Here

Lowender

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1370937480' post='2107541']
If you play for applause, that is all you will ever get ( charity shops are full of cds thatby bands that teenage girls once screamed at).
[/quote]

True... I'd much rather play to the quiet discontent and arrogance of elitist musos ;)

If you play for applause, that is all you will ever get ( charity shops are full of cds thatby bands that teenage girls once screamed at).
[/quote]

I hate it when I get applauded. It makes me sick. It's worse than when the buggers get up and dance and have fun.

:P

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1370938152' post='2107552']
They are screaming at 4 good-looking young men on stage playing up-beat catchy pop songs. The "bass hook" or any other individual instrumental part is irrelevant.
[/quote]

Ringo is good looking?

They are screaming at 4 good-looking young men on stage playing up-beat catchy pop songs. The "bass hook" or any other individual instrumental part is irrelevant.
[/quote]
This.
You could replace The Beatles with the Bay City Rollers, Justin Bieber or whoever - the reason they are screaming is that teenagers are, in the main, stupid easily led pack animals.

Edited by RhysP

[/quote]

Yeah, who wants applause.

In fact, who wants an audience? They just get in the way.

Edited by Lowender

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1370945278' post='2107692']
This.
You could replace The Beatles with the Bay City Rollers, Justin Bieber or whoever - the reason they are screaming is that teenagers are, in the main, stupid easily led pack animals.
[/quote]

The difference is, a half century after the fact, a generation far removed from the hype is listening to and enjoying this. Why is that? Oh yeah....it's good.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1370945278' post='2107692']
This.
[/quote]

Sadly, this kind of herd behaviour is not limited to teenagers. I work in Liverpool city centre and frequently see the hordes of Beatles tourists who come to gawp at the cavern that isn't really the Cavern, to look at the toilet where John Lennon once took a dump (probably) etc etc. It is tiresome beyond belief.

[/quote]

That bass line is what makes the chorus catchy. It's far from irrelevant. (if you care about the role of the bass and its power).

Edited by Lowender

If applause and dancing punters is enough for folk, then they will have long and happy careers. I am genuinely happy for them. It's not what motivates me, that's all. My loss? I don't think so but I have never been attracted to that part of the industry.

Actually, thinking about it, if that is the element that motivates anyone, they shouldn't really complain about Cowell etc. It is what drives him sothey should admire him. Shouldn't they?