Why become a member? ×

Do you wear your glasses on stage?

MacDaddy

I only need reading glasses, but as long as I print the set list big enough I'm Ok without them. I had to stop using my beloved planet waves SOS tuners & use one that clips onto the headstock instead as the string name on the little wheel of an SOS tuner is printed smaller the name of the horse findus lasagne box.

Stopped wearing them when I started playing in a band; in part cos I don't really need them (they're only for when I'm focusing on things, but always kept them on out of convenience) plus it seemed more rock and roll to not wear them. These days I wouldn't care; whatever suits you best is the approach to have.

Both myself and the guitarist need glasses to see.
I can play fine without them but I can't see the information on the digi desk window so..
Thanks to Stingray Pete we both acquired Wedgees and the dreaded noseslip is a thing of the past.
It was good enough for Holly and Costello.

[quote name='SlapbassSteve' timestamp='1366590384' post='2054675']
It's difficult to headbang with glasses on! Luckily mine aren't essential for anything besides driving and feigning interest in lectures at uni :ph34r:
[/quote]

Ah, you have the glasses with the eyes painted on them so you can sleep in lectures/whilst driving etc?

Glasses can look really good. For a while, I wanted the optician to say "You'll need glasses", but what he actually was saying was "You see TOO MUCH!"... Apparently my vision is absolutely perfect, better than 20/20. I suppose I'll just have to get a set of those bold black frames with no lenses in them and be a hipster...

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1366580687' post='2054528']
For the glasses wearers among us, do you wear them when gigging?

I remember reading how John Lennon only had the confidence to wear his after seeing Buddy Holly.

Has it ever been an issue?
[/quote]

It would be an issue if I didn't wear them, I'm so myopic. Also joined the gigging game later in life where I was in a position to say "I am what I am".

Need mine all the time, as I have a slight pigmentosiac issue with my eyesight as well as longsighted, this affects my depth of field vision in darkness, so if I play a venue without onstage lighting I have small light just off to side of me and everything is fine.

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1366616575' post='2054771']
Both myself and the guitarist need glasses to see.
I can play fine without them but I can't see the information on the digi desk window so..
Thanks to Stingray Pete we both acquired Wedgees and the dreaded noseslip is a thing of the past.
It was good enough for Holly and Costello.
[/quote]

Wedgees are brilliant aren't they?! I don't understand why they are not more widely available, as far as I know vision express and three other big stores don't sell them?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1366626397' post='2054924']
Wedgees are brilliant aren't they?! I don't understand why they are not more widely available, as far as I know vision express and three other big stores don't sell them?
[/quote]

Presumably, they would rather you buy new glasses rather than something to make your current glasses more wearable.