Why become a member? ×

Do you wear your glasses on stage?

MacDaddy

Contacts for normal gigging and glasses for reading gigs. Can't read in contacts and low light as the small, fast eye movements make my contacts slip and/or go sticky. Really annoying and I find the same thing happens with gaming sometimes too.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1366675696' post='2055932']
I've just been informed that I will be wearing some decade appropriate specs when I dep for an 80's band at the weekend. They will have clear glass (hopefully) but I have no idea how I'm going to get on playing wearing them!
[/quote]

Pics needed for accurate assessment of indignity!

Without my glasses I can't see the neck of the bass clearly! Although I don't need to look at the neck all the time, I like to see it clearly when I do look.
As regards Buddy Holly and John Lennon their glasses are part of their iconic image..... as distinct from practical considerations?

I don't wear glasses on stage OR for rehearsal. I don't like wearing them at all, really.
They make me look like a sinister foster parent, or possibly some sort of paedophile/librarian. :unsure:

I am none of these things, of course. Well OK, a [i]bit [/i]sinister. Mainly at night.

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1366584193' post='2054619']
Always. Can't see jack without 'em, and wouldn't want to miss a jugfest..
[/quote]

Indeed. We gig to watch the audience, while they watch and listen to us.

[quote name='iceonaboy' timestamp='1366825079' post='2057783']
I tried putting coloured lenses in once and was blown away by how hard it is to put the f***ers in!
[/quote]

Tell me about it. I tried 'em once. A painful nightmare to get 'em in, then it turned out I was allergic to the solution they were kept in, then the frigging 'optician' scratched my eyeballs taking them out and I was obliged to spent the rest of the day at Moorfields Eye Hospital. My mincers have never been the same since. Great fun!

Edited by discreet