Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Super 15 - 1st gig!

Telebass

Handling: I've always wanted a 2x15, but having no lower spine to speak of, I could never see a way to achieve it. Well, that cab is here. While bulkier than either piece of my old rig, the total weight of the new rig is nearly 25lbs lighter! Easy to carry, with tilt-back wheels for the smooth bits.
Sounds: Big, very big! Guitarist was somewhat overawed by the commanding tone!
I will need to tweak eq here and there as I get familiar with it and it loosens up a bit, but basically, this is easily the best-sounding cab my meagre talent has ever been expressed through!

I think once I move my ABM and some cabs on I shall be ordering one of these! The temptation to just do it now is very strong, but I'm not sure even my very understanding wife would be entirely happy with 3 full bass rigs living in our dining room, so a cull is needed before the S15 trigger can be pulled!

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1366683924' post='2055946']
I think once I move my ABM and some cabs on I shall be ordering one of these! The temptation to just do it now is very strong, but I'm not sure even my very understanding wife would be entirely happy with 3 full bass rigs living in our dining room, so a cull is needed before the S15 trigger can be pulled!
[/quote]
I have to say that I find my ABM sounds rather good through my Compact.

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1366890722' post='2058585']

I have to say that I find my ABM sounds rather good through my Compact.
[/quote]
I know there's not a great deal of love for Ashdown around here, but I used my ABM500RC for years with no problems, it's just that since I got my RH450 in a bid to make my rig lighter, the ABM has been sat idle in my house. May as well move it on, along with some cabs and other bits to finance an S15!

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1366889494' post='2058554']
If some are fine and some are not then I'd blame user error.
[/quote]

i disagree, the foot on my S15 clipped the top of a beer keg as i lifted it over and came flying off, it's not unreasonable for me to expect the feet to stay on during a tour even if they clip walls, other cabs, kerbs or anything.

im sure Alex acknowledged somewhere that there are issues with the feet, cant seem to find it now though.

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1366895780' post='2058695']

I know there's not a great deal of love for Ashdown around here, but I used my ABM500RC for years with no problems, it's just that since I got my RH450 in a bid to make my rig lighter, the ABM has been sat idle in my house. May as well move it on, along with some cabs and other bits to finance an S15!
[/quote]
In which case I don't blame you :-)

I'm very, vey tempted byt these cabs but I'd love to try one out...anyone in the Brighton area that would be ready to let me try it, please?
Ideally I'd prefer to borrow it and take it to band practice, in exchange I'd leave you with my Bergantino NV412 for you to test too :)