Why become a member? ×

Bass Equipment

stingrayfan

Go on then... which one bit of kit (bass, amp or FX) do you regret selling on? Doesn't matter if it's a tuner or an Ampeg 8x10.

Mine's a Fender Rumble 100 combo. Sold it on when I got a head and cab. Wish I still had it to take to rehearsal rooms with me as all their amps are terrible and that was a great combo for practice. Never distorted.

And yours....?

ps Anyone got a Rumble 100 going cheap?!

Edited by stingrayfan

Red Hagstrom Futurama bass. Bought it for £30 in 1982 and sold for the same less than a year later.

It was a horrible bass horrible in almost every way but it was in immaculate condition, so the reason for wanting to have not sold it back 1983 is so I could sell it now for a lot more...

my old Marshall 12" Bass 60w combo. Wonderful sound... would love that back and use it with the Rick O Sound output and another amp... perhaps my old 1x15" Ampeg combo. They would have been a lovely combination thru the Rick O Sound box :)

Edited by Stag

My '75 Precision. first decent bass I ever had, mine from new...
My '68 Jazz...although it was a dog, really, and for it, I got...
My '69 Telecaster Bass - sheer madness to let that go.
My '81 Precision Fretless - bad decision, but led to...
My Tokai Hard Puncher, which was brilliant, but after which I gave up for 17 years...

Quite a lot, really!

My very first bass which was a peavey milestone 1, it certainly wouldn"t have had fender shaking in their boots but it was my first and i regetted selling it an hour after i let it go (bills needed to be paid) you all know the score.
I also had a laney session reverb 60 w guitar amp which was ok but it packed up on me so off it went to the tip, in a strange way i miss that amp.

[quote name='Telebass' post='206785' date='May 26 2008, 08:12 PM']My '75 Precision. first decent bass I ever had, mine from new...[/quote]

my first decent bass was a late 70's precision.

i sold it and bought a westone...which i also miss :)

I had an Aria proII fretless. Sometime back in the early 80's. I didn't like the sound. When I look back on the kit I put it through and the fact that I never changed strings or cleaned the ones I had, I could weep. Ah well.

SWR Workingman's 12". Since part exchanging this for my present Ashdown rig, I've done very few gigs where I've needed to provide more power than the SWR could put out and plenty when a portable little combo would have been just the ticket. Ah, well....

Wulf

Shouldn't have:
I sold my Dynacord BS412 combo, the best sounding amp I have heard, to fund a disasterous Boogie 400+.
I sold my first Wal 5 string. What was I thinking!!

Should have:
I had the money, but not the foresight. When I brought my Precision I should have got another!
I had the chance to buy Alan Spenners Wal, also owned by Martin Kemp, but didn't as it was a 4 string!

[quote name='chris_b' post='207107' date='May 27 2008, 10:52 AM']Shouldn't have:
I sold my Dynacord BS412 combo, the best sounding amp I have heard, to fund a disasterous Boogie 400+.[/quote]
Oddly enough, a guitarist I played with many years ago bought a Mesa Boogie combo, and just couldn't take to it. Took it back and swapped it for a Dynacord and loved it. Even had other guitarists asking him to name his price for it.