Why become a member? ×

NV610 on the way... what Amp?

charic

Isn't GAS a strange thing? I've only tried one Bergantino cab (5im0ns, I can't remember what model) and I've never tried a Hartke head (tried one of their horrible cheapy combos once at low volume, bleh)..

However,

I'm now gassing for a Bergantino NV610 and a Hartke Kilo, now idea why! Literally none :lol:

Unfortunately I don't have spare cash atm :(

Right so I've given in to GAS, the Bergantino NV610 is on the way (YAY!).

Generally I play rock / metal, I'm currently GASSing for a hartke kilo (the reviews I've seen all seem to fit the bill for what I'm after)

Any other suggestions, I do realise I won't be able to use all of what the Kilo is capable of into the Bergantino but to be honest... I shouldn't need too! :lol:

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1360758972' post='1975896']
You need a big amp for a cab like that. DB750 / DB751 ;-0
[/quote]

I've tried Aguilar before and there was just "something" that didn't sit right for me... except with a dingwall. It sounded epic with that thing!

It could have been the cab (can't recall what it was at the time) but it didn't make me grin like some amps do :)

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1360763236' post='1976026']
Can't help you on the amp I'm afraid but I can recommend this back brace [url="http://www.physioroom.com/product/McDavid_Universal_Back_Support/3200/38202.html"]http://www.physioroo...3200/38202.html[/url]

:lol:
[/quote]

:lol:

This is going to be part of my new workout regime :D I used to carry a Line 6 300pro up and down 4 flights of stairs so I think I'll be ok ;)

Something with serious grunt? Less than £600? Like the Kilo?

I have a LH1000 Hartke- all the power of the Kilo but a more simple EQ- great tone- can work bridged and will put our 750W into 8 ohms- or 1000 into two 4 ohm cabs.

I use this with the Hydrive 410 cab which is 8 ohms. Massive headroom- lovely warm tone. Use this in a soul band with a Jazz bass- switch off the tweeters- still great clarity. Murdered my Markbass LM2.

Can be had for about £440 from the tinternet.

Recommended.

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' timestamp='1360770063' post='1976191']
Something with serious grunt? Less than £600? Like the Kilo?

I have a LH1000 Hartke- all the power of the Kilo but a more simple EQ- great tone- can work bridged and will put our 750W into 8 ohms- or 1000 into two 4 ohm cabs.

I use this with the Hydrive 410 cab which is 8 ohms. Massive headroom- lovely warm tone. Use this in a soul band with a Jazz bass- switch off the tweeters- still great clarity. Murdered my Markbass LM2.

Can be had for about £440 from the tinternet.

Recommended.
[/quote]

I really am heading the Hartke route, likely to go Kilo over LH1000 though as I like plenty of control in the EQ section :)

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1360775939' post='1976314']
Genz Benz Streamliner or Shuttlemax 9.2 and throw a hell of a lot of watts at it :P

The Aggie amps would also be awesome.

Your RH750, if you still have it? That fits that style of sealed cab very well. Don't underestimate it!
[/quote]

Its the rh450 I have and I plan on moving it on shortly. I may regret it but im just wanting to try something a bit different you know?

[quote name='spencer.b' timestamp='1360776879' post='1976343']
gotta be a valve amp , I use a ampeg SVT with berg cabs and it sounds amazing, shits all over my shuttle 9.2 ( don't get me wrong I love my genz )
[/quote]

I do like the ampeg sound butthre valve ampegs are well out of budget.

The hartke base sound seems pretty clean but responds well to effects. Plus two of my favourite bassists are hartke endorsees and I am yet to hear a hartke clip I dislike.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1360143589' post='1965381']
I've only tried one Bergantino cab (5im0ns, I can't remember what model)
[/quote]

Pretty sure from other posts that would be an AE410 and if so, it would be a very different beast to the NV cab.
I sold my NV610 as I missed the sizzle I could get from other cabs. That was a surprise to me as I normally keep the tweeter set very low, if on at all.
That's probably just me, as I know most people love their NV's

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1360779088' post='1976401']
Ampeg SVT7 Pro, or GK1001RB? Any particular reason for moving away from the RH450? I'm gassing for one but can't quite decide whether to pull the trigger or not!!
[/quote]

Im just missing some the clank I used to get. The acg preamp goes to 10khz and the rh450 rolls off at 6 so im just missing some of that awesome functionality you know? If I could keep it and get something else then I would but finances wont allow.