Why become a member? ×

Dear Basschat.. for the love of God, stop it.

wateroftyne

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1358785388' post='1944937']
From personal experience I can say that high end stuff is most certainly selling - often at full asking prices too!

My vague theory was that people didn't get what they wanted for Xmas so were buying themselves little presents :)
[/quote] oh thats nice. For some reason I stuck my amp up for sale at the weekend, not sure why!

[quote name='Norm' timestamp='1358767817' post='1944538']
Yep, there is loads of tasty goods, a lot of bargains too. But it is at a time when I've got zero funds myself. It is agony!
Trying to sell some of my surplus gear just to be able to grab one of these bargains, madness!
[/quote] This , with bloody bells on !

The other possibility there is so much stuff around is that some people don't reply to PMs. In the last month I've waited in vain for a response on 3 items to no avail. Bit frustrating really, and one might imagine that in this market sellers would be all over any enquiries.

I have purposely avoided the classifieds on the grounds I had everything I needed.

However...... I have never been totally happy with my Laney amp and cabs.... Yes they do the job I need them too, but they have never excited me...... Then I hear that someone may be selling my dream amp and cabs......

If they do, I'm buying.... Because I'm a gasaholic and I am weak!

I find if anything, my GAS has been extinguished for nearly a year. I'm not playing a lot at the moment and find when I do pick up the instruments and have a play I find them more satisfying than if I was playing them all the time. I think familiarity breeds contempt sometimes and you start to get wandering eyes and look for 'the one' you will always keep and never sell. After lots of trading i've finally realised what I have does everything I need, and to get anything else i'd have to lose one of these, and probably relpace it with something of lesser ability.

With this said, I am surprised so many people are trying to offload gear at the moment, there can't be a worse time to sell with it being the start of a year and also everyone having such tight purse strings. It'd be interesting if we were able to quantify/report on what sells here, create a percentage of sold and also be able to plot the values of the sale and track this historically.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1358930360' post='1947091']
With this said, I am surprised so many people are trying to offload gear at the moment, there can't be a worse time to sell with it being the start of a year and also everyone having such tight purse strings.
[/quote]

I think people are selling things *because* they are skint.

I'm getting married soon, and looking at our post wedding budget it looks like I might have to avoid the buying and selling for a while - which is fine as I've got everything I need really. I wouldn't mind selling one of the passive basses and getting a thumb, but may have to wait 2-3-4 years for that

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1358929714' post='1947083']
All the JVs that are appearing are getting under my skin, those and the post 2010 P's it's so hard to be controlled!
[/quote] :) Maybe I should reopen the thread for mine just to tempt you! Maybe I can get my thumb after all!