Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mark at Bass Direct

barneyg42

Just a quick note to thank Mark for his customer service. Bought an item off him just after Xmas which worked perfectly at home. As is typical of electrical items when I went to use it at a gig for the first time Saturday it was dead! Phoned Mark on Monday morning and replacement was with me today.
Great service!

[quote name='lowdowner' timestamp='1357675482' post='1926611']
Indeed - always helpful, pretty direct (he once told me to get my fingernails cut or my tone would always be crap!)
[/quote]

Did he preface this with 'As I was saying to that Geddy Lee fella the other day' ;)
Mind you, he could have a point...

• 1 month later...

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1361964522' post='1993626']
Another +1 for Bass direct. Just got my Fralin pickup from Mark in less than 24 hours.

I was a bit put out that they charged me £7 P+P when the bag has postage of only £2.60 on it but business is business i suppose.
[/quote]

£2.60 for the postage..what about the packaging, somebody's time to pack it, somebody to arrange collection...I've found that in general Mark is a fair man (a businessman none the less) but I bet he won't be retiring on the money he made from selling you the Fralin pick ups ;) ;) (good choice BTW)

Well a gig bag would have cost me £5 postage, that's much bigger than a small pickup. That doesn't make sence.
I'm well aware of Marks good rep but if I feel the mark up on postage was a bit much, unless I'm missing something.

Can't fault the level of service though.

Agree about the Fralin, it's the third one Ive had and the best P bass pup I've owned.....again.

Just want to agree, always had fabulous service from him, lovely shop (personally I always find it startling how much top-drawer gear there is in there, just hangin' on the wall!) and as someone else pointed out, he always remembers my last visit, and is happy (time/customers permitting) to chatter.

I just bought one of the Genz Contour combos from him, absolutely *top* piece of kit, very happy about that one!

• 2 years later...

Just bought a PUMA 900 from Mark.
Delivered the day I asked for it to be delivered, excellent.
The amp bag was not delivered. Quick phone call and it was with me well within 24 hours later.

I always find the mark of a good operation is how they sort it out when things don't go quite right.

SUPERB, thanks Mark.

So glad I'm more than 2 hours away or I could be in serious financial trouble :lol:

+1 from me too. Easily the best shop i have ever dealt with.
As pointed out before when something is wrong Mark deals with it instantly and makes sure you are happy customer.
Wish i was closer to the shop.

And a genuine and nice guy as well which certainly helps.

Dave

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1436348439' post='2817263']
Just bought a PUMA 900 from Mark.
Delivered the day I asked for it to be delivered, excellent.
The amp bag was not delivered. Quick phone call and it was with me well within 24 hours later.

I always find the mark of a good operation is how they sort it out when things don't go quite right.

SUPERB, thanks Mark.

So glad I'm more than 2 hours away or I could be in serious financial trouble :lol:
[/quote]

Let me know how you get on with the Puma and Berg Karl. That should be a mean set up.

Dave