Why become a member? ×

Help BC

ped

I'm sorry to read that the shirts don't make BC enough money (if I understood that correctly).

That's a real shame. I'd guess everyone expected BC to make some money off them.

How about just setting up prices? We should be willing to pay, shouldn't we?

I for one think the new t-shirts are un-effing-believably awesome and way ... er ... [i][b]WAY[/b][/i] more attractive in real life than in the shop photos. I've had a lot of positive comments on the Technical Bass t-shirt especially.

That said, once everyone knows the shirts are not helping a lot, we can always just donate in addition to buying a shirt.

best,
bert

Thanks for the donations and purchases guys its all really helpful.

The margin on polos and T shirts is fairly modest; somewhere around £4 after postage. I don't think they are ever a great way to raise funds but wanted to offer them more as a response to people asking and just for fun. The only way to make mega bucks in shirts is to do them In bulk but I don't have the space, time or funds to do it that way.

I definitely need to take better pictures of the t shirts and photoshop my face out of the polo shirt pics. One job on the list is to create a better shop, so we're hoping to be able to spruce it up in due course and go as far as distributing gear from small businesses right here on BC.

We also have made some huge progress with the blog which will be taking off soon with lots of exciting news and so forth.

We'll keep pressing on - the potential and the enjoyment if it is what drives us, personally more than my day job most of the time.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1353541955' post='1875988']
Lanyards! We don't need no stinking lanyards!

Have some money instead!
[/quote]

Well that's very kind of you. I just hope that your words don't end up haunting you when you desperately need a lanyard for some reason. It could happen.

[quote name='hollywoodrox' timestamp='1353549965' post='1876032']
Just bought my lanyard, getting family to buy me a basschat t shirt for Xmas too.
[/quote]

Excellent idea! Thanks. I should do a range of BC Xmas sweaters!

I'm one of the many who Ped supplied with a lanyard free and gratis at the SE Bash...donation of £15 to acknowledge the good work being done on this forum...

Not sure if it's been said already...many thanks to Ped and the other Mods for keeping the site going...

Ha!

Thanks very much everyone. I'm going away today until Sunday so please accept my thanks to all past present and future donators for the time being. I'll catch up with you on my return.

We really appreciate it!

Thanks
ped

Does no one have security cards at work? Or are the PR police really hot and you have to use a work named one? The BC Lanyard picked up at the SE Bash has replaced the MarkBass one I had been using. So donation made - about time too after all these years :blush:

Edited by WalMan