Why become a member? ×

Tedious... "what colour bass" questions....

LukeFRC

So I've a project bass I'm currently stripping down and sanding a lump off basswood- and I looked at some nice nitro paint but figured that I didn't want to throw more money than I need at this project so instead looking at acrylic paints- mainly the plasti-kote range....

[url="http://www.plasti-kote.co.uk/Product/pcode---4181/pccode---6751"]http://www.plasti-ko...1/pccode---6751[/url]

so what colour should I go for? ... current thoughts....

(oh btw, rosewood fretboard)

Shell pink(ish)- originally it was going to be shell pink nitro. I'm not sure any of these colours go anywhere near this...positive- looks cool. Negative- it's pink!

Sherwood green(ish)- Lawn green - I love the idea of an almost british racing green jazz, but gloss rather than the metallic/glitter finish that fender/sadowsky use. currently this is my favourite idea.

Red - part of me has always wanted a red jazz bass. I think ideally with a maple neck. But on the negative- well red basses are a bit, you know... common. could always go for the dark aubergine colour!

blue. Not sure I like blue guitars, Lake placid is nice but it's not a solid colour is it? ocean, rustic and Mediterranean blue are interesting colours and not normal fender colours.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1351642611' post='1853788']
How are we supposed to do this? Second post down, first batch, fourth from the left?

And there's no sunburst option. Or blue burst, or fire glow, or metallic ..

Honestly, standards these days .. Cardinal Wolsey would never have posted that.

:)
[/quote] cardinal wolsey may have been more practiced in burst finishes that would make that a possibility :)

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1351671643' post='1853885']
My preference would be the bright yellow, with a rosewood board and a black pg. No matching headstock.
[/quote]

Mine would be (Graffiti) Yellow, with a black p/g and matching headstock.
BUT.... I'd stain the fretboard black, and have black hardware and screws throughout..

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1351638186' post='1853719']
Red - part of me has always wanted a red jazz bass. I think ideally with a maple neck. But on the negative- well red basses are a bit, you know... common. could always go for the dark aubergine colour!

blue. Not sure I like blue guitars, Lake placid is nice but it's not a solid colour is it? ocean, rustic and Mediterranean blue are interesting colours and not normal fender colours.

[/quote]

orange, bright orange... a bright orange jazz... with rosewood fingerboard. yes... oh yes... :lol:

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1351671166' post='1853878']
My personal preference would be midnight wine with parchment p/g. It's far and away my favourite Fender scheme.

Leaving now...
[/quote]
yeah I think if I go red that's the way to go! :)
[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1351680424' post='1854008']
orange, bright orange... a bright orange jazz... with rosewood fingerboard. yes... oh yes... :lol:
[/quote]
[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1351680857' post='1854018']
^^ this man speaks the truth :)

Capri orange looks amazing on Fender style basses.
[/quote] actually not really thought of orange - it does look good din nit!
[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1351691986' post='1854242']
Just pick your own favourite colour, not someone else's favourite colour. Simple.
[/quote] depending what day I went into the shop would depend what colour I walked out with. And it's usefull - I'm going to thing about orange now too
[quote name='Schnozzalee' timestamp='1351692316' post='1854247']
This ^^ although British Racing Green & Rosewood takes my fancy too - black/mint/black pickguard.
[/quote] ooh I hadn't thought of a black pick guard - that could work! :)
[quote name='CHRISDABASS' timestamp='1351693851' post='1854274']
The blue in the bottom right corner!
[/quote] ? there isn't a blue in the bottom right of the post you quoted... ?

• 2 weeks later...